D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weekend
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#16: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weekend Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:31 am
    ----
Anyone who is flying the MP session on Sunday, say so here and I'll PM the link to you.

#17: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weekend Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:51 am
    ----
I will be flying tomorrow Milton.

#18: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weeken Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:29 am
    ----
RCAF_Wingnut,

Check you PM's. Smile

#19: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weeken Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:42 am
    ----
Rgr that Milton, got it, and I test flew it and like it. I also did a little test of the textures, and with a little modification the texture files we have for the wheeled versions will work for the float versions. I used the Com-Central wheeled version for both the passenger and cargo versions, and I now have a passenger and cargo float versions. The only thing that I don't have working is the smoke from the engines when they are running. The start up smoke works fine. My first comment Milton, is nice job. I did notice it is a lot slower than the wheeled version, and has a slower landing speed as well. That means a lot more engine control is needed to keep from stalling out when on approach. Nice plane.

#20: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weeken Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:04 am
    ----
Cool Cool Cool Cool

It's allways nice to wake up and discover there is a pressie waiting Razz

I'll pass it on Milton

and again Thank you !

fled

#21: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weekend Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:55 pm
    ----
Need help with installation. I downloaded betad18SAM.zip and installed it. Cannot find the floats. I have the Beechcraft Volpar installed and the Beechcraft MSA with novc anc vc and they work fine. I have searched the whole FS9 file and cannot find anything that works to get floats on the D18S. What must I do?
Thanks,
Lazyeight

#22: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weeken Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:36 pm
    ----
Shocked

As I gather from your comment you did run the exe file and it installed directly in to your fs9.

If .................. you had read the intructions you would have readed that it was adviced to install the exe to a predetermined folder and from there manually install the aircraft in fs9.

INSTALLATION of the BETA D18S AMPHIBIAN

Create a Temporary folder on your Desktop or anywhere.

Run the d18samphibian.exe

When prompted, browse to the temporary folder to install to.

When done, copy the d18sam aircraft folder to your FS9/aircraft folder.

Go get wet!

So that is the reason why the aircraft doesn't appear, it should be listed under Beechcraft MSA in your aircraft selection when installed properly.

so maybe a little lesson in this for you, READ THE READ ME FIRST

As for where the files you have installed went ..................... check your main fs9 folder maybe it's installed there.

fled

#23: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weekend Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:26 pm
    ----
Sorry to disturb you so. I did read the READ ME FIRST and tried to follow just what it said. I ran the exe file into a temp folder and tried to manually install the aircraft into the FS9/aircraft folder. One problem was trying to identify which is the aircraft folder. I ran the d18samphibian.exe and got the following: Beech 18_check_files Beech 18_checkTY_files Beech 18_ref_files and Beech 18 Panel Doc_files nothing said aircraft.
Can you tell me what is supposed to move to the aircraft folder in FS9?
Thanks!

#24: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weekend Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:39 pm
    ----
The files installed in the temp directory without a actual aircraft folder name or in other words, as individual files. Try this lazyeight...

Make a temp folder and rename it "Beech D18 Float Beta". Next, install all the files from the installer into that new folder.

Find the temp "Beech D18 Float Beta" folder.

Next, open up your main FS9 install and find the folder called "Aircraft" and drag the whole folder called "Beech D18 Float Beta" into the FS9 "Aircraft" folder.

You should good to go and have the plane installed. Have fun...

#25: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weekend Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:52 pm
    ----
Hi Shadow_Bshwackr!
All is well and I appreciate your help. I did just as you said and it installed fine. Going to eat supper now and as soon as I do, I will be flying.
Thanks for your great help!
Lazyeight

#26: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weekend Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:10 pm
    ----

Gentleman !! attention please

GO AND GET IT WHILE IT'S STILL HOT !! Laughing

nowhere else available at this moment !!

freshly uploaded to our downloads section the final release of this wonderfull Aircraft !!

Again a BIG thankx to Milton and his team !

fled
Cool

#27: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weeken Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:34 pm
    ----
Mr. Green

#28: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weeken Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:27 am
    ----
I am releasing a version 2 to correct some minor anomalies. The 2 models have changed to improve mapping of the floats and struts. The AP has been fixed. Two pontoon textures replaced to add reflective material to improve the metal look.

I ask that this version replaces the earlier one released for these reasons.

Thanks

#29: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weekend Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:28 am
    ----

fled
Cool

#30: Re: D18S Float and Amphibian Cargo and Passenger This Weekend Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:29 am
    ----
NP Milton, we'll be happy to do that... Wink

Thanks for another great plane!!

-> FS2004