Military Flights
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#76: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:36 pm
    ----
- RAF92_BattleHawk
Anyone know when this is going to be available for download?

As-a soon as she-a is a-done...soon......we got some work to do yet here, but the ducks are getting lined up real well.

#77: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:54 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- RAF92_BattleHawk
Sounds like fun im in. Just a sugestion, howabout you use a apche cobra gun ship? i beilieve they were in that too, also, seeming as my brother is always on msn messenger if someone could drop me an e-mail when all of this is ready for download? thanks

Apache and Cobra are two different aircraft. Alas, there is no AH-1G for FS2004 ( I have no idea why...it's beautiful). There is an "S", but that ain't "correct" for VN.

There is a payware vers. over at "The LZ" but it doesn't appear to have been updated in awhile, pics leave a lot to be desired.

I still have Dwight B's original freeware AH-1G which I think works fine in 2002 but the animations don't work in FS9.

May be a future project? Shocked

#78: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:49 pm
    ----
Hay man, in order to like wrap up the flight plan stuff I could really use a set of good coordinates for a spot in the A Shau Valley to use as an LZ or focal point.

Anyone got suggestions??

#79: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:39 pm
    ----
I'm sure Ascout has fallen under the spell of those Amsterdam "Hash berries", we may never see him again. Laughing

Stoopy, unless Ascout had a specific location couldn't we just go to the valley and pick one out? Just a thought.

3/5 has assembled at Dong Tam to move North

#80: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:22 pm
    ----
Sho' thing... I just don't know the valley very well, but can take a good crack at it. Just pack some extra weapons in case it's a hotter lz than expected!

#81: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:27 pm
    ----
Sorry Guys...I'll get on this tomorrow...I've been traveling a lot and no time for this right now or the wifey will kill me. I'm thinking ALuoi in the valley, though I mentioned A Sap in the first mission. I'll get you the DMS location..... Wink

#82: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:07 pm
    ----
Found and installed a Huey Sound kit by Adriano Martoni I found over at HC (file downloads/sound kits).

All I can say is awesome! especially if you love that "thump".

If you haven't already, check it out.

#83: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:04 pm
    ----
Stoopy...

"Phu_Bai_Redux" is now uploaded as a zip file in the JG300 area on the server. Please to be checking it out for missing or unnecessary texture files. Delete previous version if you have it, this one is quite different.

Thanks!

#84: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:10 pm
    ----
Awwright!!!! Will do... excellent job and thank you!

#85: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:46 pm
    ----
Looks good to me - seem to have all the new static aircraft you mentioned and the revetments, etc.

Didn't see any problems with it at all, or the file locations, or anything. Give it a good look-over and it can be packaged up at your command!

#86: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:28 pm
    ----
And also, give this a quick look-over to see if the locations appear right.

This is form taking the info on the maps and then using the terrain map that Google Earth shows to place the locations in the valley floors, and the ingress points should be in spots that allow coming up through an adjoining valley and crossing a final ridge to swoop down in by surprise....also seems to match what is shown on the larger map with Yankee Station and Da Nang.

I'll use these coordinates and also will have to add a few Navaids to route the Skyraiders in for support...sorry this is taking so long.

LZ's are marked in red and the ingress points are blue/green. Khe Sanh is up northwest of course.

#87: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:51 pm
    ----
Yo...all the textures look "there", I'm amazed. The road may "fade" depending on if one has mesh or not, but not a big deal. One hangar has a funny "tan" color and looks a litter different (more modern and nice than reality), but I have a hiccup in my FSSC now and it might be importing the wrong tex files. Not worth messing with, IMO.

Also, You can see I added the ridge that makes up Hill 180 and scaled it down to realistic size. It's redundant for those with mesh, and I could make one with, and one without, it. Not any trouble at all...if you don't have the mesh, you need it, though.

The map is harder to read with the clouds, I'd need compare to the JOG images, but it looks pretty close. If downloading as a package, I could always incluse a larger JOG version of the area that wasn't downsized so much.

If we had a few more days, I could add some of Al Simms cool stuff that I didn't have before...or do you wanna' go with it now?

#88: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:03 pm
    ----
I still need to plot out the flight plans so they cross and meet properly, and merge in the other stations/firebases then make a full BGL file for them and whatever navaids, so you have time I believe....my own opinion is do what you gotta do, since we want this right.....

This may have exceeded the original expectations for a simple group of military planes on one common flight as an MP activity, but given the subject matter, interests, and talent here...plus the lack of anything like this having been done before and it's availability as a "package" for future flights, it seems worth the extra effort...opinions?

#89: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:29 pm
    ----
The new base is looking nice Ascout. I say don't release it until your happy with it. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be available til' around oh say midnight tonight Laughing .......jes kidin the end of this month anyways.

Looks like you guys have put alot of work and detail into this and I'm sure it's going to be awesome. Like Stoop said I can't think of anything being offered like this with the detail and options available.

Look forward to it.

#90: Re: Military Flights Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:30 pm
    ----
Well, Al has some 175mm SP arty that would be perfect for a firebase, but FSB B'ham might be just out-of-range of Phu Bai design envelope. Also, the real B'ham was on a hill (as most of them were up north), and this would make a big conflict for those with and without mesh. The location is distinctive with the mesh, not so without.

Maybe we should go "as is"...and refine it later, unless that's a lot of trouble?

-> FS2004