Musemus in Ohio
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Musemus in Ohio Author: theopaone PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:32 am
    ----
I am going to a family reunion next month at Cedar Point in Ohio. Are there any armor museums around?
Thanks
Ted

#2: Re: Musemus in Ohio Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:20 pm
    ----
There is an excellent private museum in Hubbard,Ohio

www.wwiivehiclemuseum.com/

Mapquest puts it at about 125 miles east of Cedar Point.

I guess a lot depends on your definition of 'close' and where (and how) you are travelling from.

You are ~380 miles Northeast of Ft Knox and ~450 miles West/Northwest of Aberdeen and ~320 miles East/Northeast of the Ropkey Museum in Indiana. They are all 'around' Cedar Point, it just depdends how addicted you are and how understanding your family is Smile

Seriously I think the Musseum at Hubbard would be a reasonable ( 2 hour) drive and worth the trip. I stopped there a couple years back on the way to a family function in Detroit and was very impressed.

#3: Re: Musemus in Ohio Author: theopaone PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:08 pm
    ----
Thanks Bob, Hubbard is on my list. There was also something down around Columbus but I can't seem to find any info on that museum.
I live in central Texas, I can drive all day and still be in the state. Someday I have to get that car fixed....
Ted

#4: Re: Musemus in Ohio Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:55 am
    ----
Are you driving or Flying up? If you are driving Ft Knox is pretty much on your way Smile

#5: Re: Musemus in Ohio Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:31 am
    ----
Hubbard has a great collection of AFVs. The Motts Military Museum is near Columbus. Outside it has a few AFVs (including Arnold Schwarzenegger's personal M47 from Austria) and a couple of aircraft. Inside is some neat memorabilia from the Revolutionary and Civil Wars up through ODS. It's not a bad little museum.

-> AFV News Discussion Board