Flight simulator X demo available for download
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> FSX

#46: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:18 pm
    ----
Just installed FSX on my new rig... the performance with SLI and dual core processor is excellent, I think once MS gets all the hi detail graphics done and fixes a few little glitches.. FSX is going to be pretty awesome.
here are a few screenies I took

#47: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:45 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_HitMan
Just installed FSX on my new rig... the performance with SLI and dual core processor is excellent, I think once MS gets all the hi detail graphics done and fixes a few little glitches.. FSX is going to be pretty awesome.
here are a few screenies I took

The sea looks superb, any chance of posting further details of your machine [ i.e. computer ] and the frame rates you are getting, as it helps to build up a picture of how FS-X performs on different spec machines.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#48: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:32 pm
    ----
Yoooooooooooo Hit!

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool pic's ! Cool

Wuzz cooking bro ?

shed some light on the gory details of yer latest rocket build rig Razz

fled
Cool

#49: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:48 pm
    ----
Well, finally got around to downloading the FSX demo.

Mixed feelings really, set all sliders to high and went for a fly in the micro light to take in the scenery...lol

Chased a few cars, looked at reflections in the water.

They've improved the trees but at the moment I'm still not impressed with the ground terain, still looks like painted on landscape.

Getting a constant 18fps so the new rig should do better (Quad graphics :)).

Gotta go play some more, but initial thoughts...Gotta have this when it's released.
Mr. Green Mr. Green

#50: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:11 am
    ----
Hi Kitform re:
Getting a constant 18fps so the new rig should do better (Quad graphics ).

If this is an SLI set-up which employs two graphics cards bolted together and with the two PCI express slots filled with these dual graphics cards combis giveing you effectively 4 graphics cards, the British Magazine Custom PC tested this setup and it was a catastrophe, in that only some games could make use of the four graphics cards and of those which did not have this facility, the systems defaulted to using not one of the PCI card slots but rather only one PCI slot and within the PCI slot it was using only one card of the one dual combi on that PCI slot, so if the game or the sim you are using is not specially written for quad graphics you end up haveing the use of not four graphics cards, not three graphics cards, not two grapics cards, but one graphic cards [ ie only one of the cards in the dual bolted together combi ] , unless this problem has been solved or FS X is specially written for the Quad set-up, if you and I are talking about the same thing I would not touch Quad graphics with a barge pole, unless you were offered it at a bargain knockdown price. Furthermore all of today's Graphic cards might well be incapable of utilizing Direct X 10.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#51: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:47 pm
    ----
Yep, I hear what your saying...

Some games still don't have the hardware available to run at their full potential while others were just not written to encompass todays hardware...

It's a dilema I tell ya's.

#52: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:21 pm
    ----
I have had an opportunity to fly the FS X as opposed to the downloadable demo, it is fun but it was a bit difficult to tell exactly what it is going to be like as the sliders were turned down to get acceptable frame rates and it was using a large screen with presumably a low resolution setting but the Maule seems a good fun aircaft to fly and the mission with a landing at Insbruck in an airliner looked like a very good training aid for ATC and Instrument navigation procedures

Saludos Amigos
Adrian Wainer

#53: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:34 pm
    ----
Just flown FSX with all sliders set to high, getting decent frame rates with the quad sli set up...50+fps in heavily wooded areas and up to 300+fps in other areas.

The best response was flying in virtual cockpit mode, averageing 70-150 fps most of the time.

Smile

#54: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: sweets PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:07 pm
    ----
I like it!!! gr8 pics Hitman!!!

#55: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:44 pm
    ----
So what's the count on fs9 Kit ?

#56: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:17 pm
    ----
- Kitform
Just flown FSX with all sliders set to high, getting decent frame rates with the quad sli set up...50+fps in heavily wooded areas and up to 300+fps in other areas.

The best response was flying in virtual cockpit mode, averageing 70-150 fps most of the time.

Smile

Could you give some details of your Quad SLI setrup?

[ Apology for asking if you have allready done so! ]

Saludos Amigo
Adrian Wainer

#57: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:43 am
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus

Frame count is about the same Fled and in some cases slightly less, after saying that, FS9 has allsorts of meshes and scenery add ins added over the years, (lives on it's own hard drive and probably needs a good clean out).

- Adrian_Wainer

No problem Adrian, here's the main specs of the system.

Mobo - Asus P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe
Cpu - Intel Core 2 duo (Conroe) E6700
Memory - 2 gig of matched pair Corsair PC6400C4 DDR2
Graphics - Leadtek PX 7950 GX2 512Meg GDDR3 each card and two of these cards in SLI mode.

Although the frame rates are not that impressive you gotta remember I haven't done any tweaking to the system (yet) and I run with a resolution of 1600x1200

Twin 7900 cards may give a better performance but I was concered about heat build up in the case, the 7900 cards run at a higher temprature than the 7950's

#58: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:15 am
    ----
- Kitform
- Uhu_Fledermaus

Frame count is about the same Fled and in some cases slightly less, after saying that, FS9 has allsorts of meshes and scenery add ins added over the years, (lives on it's own hard drive and probably needs a good clean out).

- Adrian_Wainer

No problem Adrian, here's the main specs of the system.

Mobo - Asus P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe
Cpu - Intel Core 2 duo (Conroe) E6700
Memory - 2 gig of matched pair Corsair PC6400C4 DDR2
Graphics - Leadtek PX 7950 GX2 512Meg GDDR3 each card and two of these cards in SLI mode.

Although the frame rates are not that impressive you gotta remember I haven't done any tweaking to the system (yet) and I run with a resolution of 1600x1200

Twin 7900 cards may give a better performance but I was concered about heat build up in the case, the 7900 cards run at a higher temprature than the 7950's

Thanks for the info there Kitform, it looks like the Quad SLI is good for FS-X and FS 9 Cool which is interesting considering the disaster Custom PC had with the Quad SLI set up it tested, I think it was using 7900 based cards.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#59: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:36 pm
    ----
Some more light on the upcoming release of fsX

www.flightsim.com/cgi/...sxprev.htm

Keeps one wondering what M$ is actually up to ??

enjoy the read

fled
Rolling Eyes

#60: Re: Flight simulator X demo available for download Author: razalom PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:14 pm
    ----
Love those screenshots Hitman

Got hold of my Copy of FSX today. Amazed places are actually selling it.

Cant get good ground scenary on my rig at the moment. Looks like I will need to save for a duo-core Intel and a 2nd 7800gtx to SLI.

P4 3.4ghz
2 gb ddr2 ram
GeForce 7800gtx

-> FSX