Armor Serial Number locations...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Armor Serial Number locations... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:13 am
    ----
Is there a book / guide out there that tells where serial numbers can be located on various American Armor, (I dont really care about foriegn stuff).Tanks and APC's are my main interest, (not to mention the mighty Mortar Tracks!) but SP artillery, scout cars, half-tracks etc are also of interest. I feel like I pester this DG with questions I should know if I knew how to research and discover them myself. Seems that each piece has a different area to look at, tow lugs, hulls, down low, up high, etc... How about M2 Bradleys as well.

#2: Re: Armor Serial Number locations... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:11 am
    ----
Uh, I think this message board is basically it Wink

Neil

#3: Re: Armor Serial Number locations... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:36 am
    ----
I may post quite a few pictures, but I feel like I could contribute more if I knew where to find certain data. Where is this mysterious Archive of Sherman USA numbers that allows you to compare and find corresponding serial numbers. That way I could post the information myself instead always asking questions, I could answer them.

#4: Re: Armor Serial Number locations... Author: binder001 PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:11 pm
    ----
Jeff,

Theres a LOT of good info at;

web.inter.nl.net/users...stra/g104/

That is the Sherman Register site maintained by Hanno Spoelstra (from Denmark, if I recall). This has the articles on registration (USA) numbers, foundry info, and serial numbers and locations.

Hope this helps.

Gary

-> AFV News Discussion Board