M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good? Author: Vivman PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:33 am
    ----
Hi all,

I am thinking about picking this book up but I have not heard anything about it. Any comments or opinions about it would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

#2: Re: M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good? Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:01 pm
    ----
I have a copy of this book. Lots of photos, lots of information (combat history, unit histories, etc.), lots of data tables, lots of line drawings, some color profiles and even some information on Firefly modeling. I believe this to be the best book available on the Firefly. If you can find one, I highly recommend it.

Chris Neel

#3: Re: M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good? Author: claude_GILLONO PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:27 pm
    ----
Go for it, very good book!

#4: Re: M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good? Author: DirkLocation: South Africa PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:55 pm
    ----
This book has helped me in locating all the surviving Fireflies in South Africa.

Good book !

Dirk

#5: Re: M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good? Author: Vivman PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:31 pm
    ----
Thank you all for your input. I took the plunge and ordered it along with the 3 Vol. set on the Leopard 1 :gulp:

Tony

#6: Re: M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good? Author: Christophe_Jacquemont PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:50 pm
    ----
It's a good book, the Leopard trilogy is superior though as it's excellent.

Cheers,
Christophe

#7: Re: M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good? Author: Reginaldo_Bacchi PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:36 am
    ----
Would it be possible to give the name of the book and publisher?

Reg

#8: Re: M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good? Author: Vivman PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:30 pm
    ----
Leopard 1 Trilogy is published by Barbarossa Books and is written by M. Shackleton.

#9: Re: M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good? Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:47 pm
    ----
Hayward's Firefly book should be listed in the earlier thread about Hunnicutt-equivalent scholarship in current authors (might even be better!).

The book is that good.

#10: Re: M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good? Author: Reginaldo_Bacchi PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:55 am
    ----
Would it be possible for someone to give the name of Wayward's book and its publisher?

Thanks

Reg

#11: Re: M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:37 am
    ----
From Amazon.com

The Sherman Firefly - Mark Hayward
Barbarossa Books (September 2001)
ISBN - 0953877728

They only show used copies available from other associated sellers

#12: Re: M. Hayward's book on the Sherman Firefly- any good? Author: Vivman PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:29 pm
    ----
Hi all,

Here are a couple of sites that sell the Firefly book as well as the Leopard 1 Trilogy.

www.barbarossabooks.co...page=index

www.jjfpub.mb.ca/barba..._books.htm

Tony

-> AFV News Discussion Board