Hunnicutt's Pershing...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Hunnicutt's Pershing... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:12 am
    ----
There's one available on abebooks for $202. A bit high, but probably not entirely unreasonable... Probably wont last 24 hours...

www.abebooks.com/servl...2Bpershing

Neil

#2: Re: Hunnicutt's Pershing... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:19 am
    ----
Book, BOOK!, who needs a stinking book when you have this esteemed panel of experts to rely on and converse with! A book is just paper and cardboard with words and pictures. You all are flesh and blood with life and actaul experience on these vehicles. Granted, books and the internet are nice, but I'd take this DG over a set of Hunnicutts any day! (Some will think I'm insane for that last remark. haha). Just had to say that!

#3: Re: Hunnicutt's Pershing... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:23 am
    ----
Yeah, thats only because half the time we're pulling out our Hunnicutts for the info... Kinda like like "why buy the cow..."

Neil

#4: Re: Hunnicutt's Pershing... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:41 am
    ----
You guys ARE my cow, hahahaha. I was serious when I said I'd rather have this DG over a book.

#5: Re: Hunnicutt's Pershing... Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:14 am
    ----
Over on eBay, a guy who claims to be Hunnicutt's nephew is selling a few books:

Hunnicutt books

#6: Re: Hunnicutt's Pershing... Author: Paul_Jungnitsch PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:23 am
    ----
New ones on Amazon are only 250.00. There's a used one on Amazon right now for 150.00

www.amazon.com/gp/offe...11?ie=UTF8

#7: Re: Hunnicutt's Pershing... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:10 pm
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures

Hunnicutt books

Eeeg... Autographed too... Unfortunately I am sure Firepower (the only one I am really missing aside from Half-Tracks) will quickly be out of my price range...

Neil

#8: Re: Hunnicutt's Pershing... Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:16 pm
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures

Hunnicutt books

"Reserve not met" on all four books, and the Sherman is pushing $200. I wonder what his reserve is for these? I'll bet it isn't cheap.

C

#9: Re: Hunnicutt's Pershing... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:59 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

- Neil_Baumgardner

Yeah, thats only because half the time we're pulling out our Hunnicutts for the info... "

That's the great part!

Questions force me to read those books looking for answers! Shocked

It's one to look or read one Confused , but to go in search of something renews to info! Razz Razz Razz Razz

Bring on the questions! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Sgt, Scouts out! Smile

#10: Re: Hunnicutt's Pershing... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:14 am
    ----
Roy,
Thats why I said you guys are better than the book its self. Yes, you may use it for reference, but you guys offer insights that I value more than printed words alone. You are my Hunnicutt!!!

#11: Re: Hunnicutt's Pershing... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:38 am
    ----
There were a couple "steals" IMO from the end of this set:

Hunnicutt-autographed Pershing went for just $86. I've seen plain jane copies go for more than that, including mine come to think of it!

Hunnicutt-autographed Patton went for $127, again seen it go for $200+...

Firepower went for $286, which is more typical... Unfortunately I didnt pick it up...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board