USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#436: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:50 am
    ----
Thank you for the information.

#437: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:31 pm
    ----
- Geoff_walden
Does anybody know how I can change my email address in my account? Thanks!

Geoff, send a PM to Shadow_Bshwackr describing your issue.

If after a couple of days you get no response, PM me and I'll get you guys hooked up via email or I'll communicate with him for you. I might need your login and password by PM, if you're OK with that.

You may also have my email addy from other comms we've had.

#438: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:06 pm
    ----
I am nearly positive that without Super User Admin status you will be unable to alter his email Doug. With Super User Admin capabilities you are able to alter usernames and emails without knowing the users password. At this time only Bushy and Uhu_Fledermaus have Super User Admin status.

One way to confirm your ability or inability to change emails is if you go to your My registration details page and if you are unable to alter your email address then you will not be able to alter Geoff's email address either. As you can see from my first screenshot I do not have that capability here at Com-Central. Cool

If I was able to alter my email here at Com-Central it would look like this screenshot from another site that uses the dragonfly forum software where I am able to alter my email address without Admin intervention.

Notice how there is a box around the Email field that does not exist in my prior screenshot for Com-Central.

With Super Admin status you are able to alter Usernames, emails, and passwords.

Considering how many things I have seen it break at the other forum I feel that changing Usernames is highly inadvisable. It breaks a ton of links associated to that Username.

Wheels

#439: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:18 pm
    ----
Without looking, I'm pretty sure I don't have that Laughing , was just going to pass along to Jerry via email comms.

Given the recent server change, this likely isn't any easier now.
ISTR that near re-registration was easiest or required.

#440: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:30 pm
    ----
Altering an email is a simple easy-peasy fix with Super admin status Doug. Most sites allow you to change your email address but not your username without Admin intervention. I think it is highly likely something got changed with the forum upgrade since I seem to recall having the ability to change your email even here at one time?

Wheels

#441: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:50 am
    ----
Jerry advises me that it's done.

#442: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Registers Author: Scott_TaylorLocation: London, Ontario PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:38 pm
    ----
Hi all:

Where can I get the most recent version of the Canadian Preserved AFV list? I'd like to compare my notes to it, and possibly commit to updating it.

Cheers and thanks,

Scott

#443: Re: USA (NOW V3.0!), Canada, France and Belgium AFV Register Author: Geoff_walden PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 11:32 am
    ----
Fort Knox (Kentucky) Update
Some further vehicles have been moved around recently at Fort Knox. There are now no tanks at the Brandenburg Station Road gate. The M60A3 was moved to Harris Hall last year (as noted above, page 29), and the M60A1 was recently moved to the LTG Timothy J. Maude Complex, outside Bldg. 6434-6, headquarters of V Corps and the Human Resources Command (N37.90335, W85.92816). At least I guess it's that tank. The tank at the Brandenburg Road gate was supposed to be SN 8587, but the only SN visible on the tank now at the Maude Complex is 2043A on the back deck. Presumably this back deck came from an M60A3 somewhere (the tank is not an A3; it's an M60A1 RISE (and I think Passive). The tank has tag number 530968 from the US Army Center of Military History (CMH).

Also moved to the Maude Complex, outside Bldg. 6434-5 (N37.90346, W85.92857) was the M2A2 Bradley that used to be at the Chaffee Gate (new name for the old Bullion Blvd. gate), then was outside the Patton Museum for awhile. This vehicle has no SN visible on the exterior. It has a CMH tag on it with the number 579471.

-> AFV News Discussion Board