StuG IV recovered in Poland
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: StuG IV recovered in Poland Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:50 pm
    ----
Here is the beast :

The hull will also be extracted, if it was not already done.

Everything is explained here :

StuG IV recovery

There was only one StuG IV (repaired with some StuG III and Pz IV parts) which survived to the war until this one was recovered. Seems that it will be restored... we'll see the result

Pierre-Olivier

#2: Re: StuG IV recovered in Poland Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:15 pm
    ----
It's an epidemic. here's a link to a Stug III just dug up in the Czech republic in much better shape.

www.detektorweb.cz/ind...&mm=1&vd=1

lots of photos. It's time to pack a shovel and take a European vacation Smile

Jeff Lewis

#3: Re: StuG IV recovered in Poland Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:12 pm
    ----
- piney
It's an epidemic. here's a link to a Stug III just dug up in the Czech republic in much better shape.

www.detektorweb.cz/ind...1&vd=1

lots of photos. It's time to pack a shovel and take a European vacation Smile

Jeff Lewis

That Stug was recovered in 2002 near Pskov in Russia. It was later transfered to Kubinka and is, last I heard, stored outside and in a degrading state. An interesting vehicle as it is fitted with "ostketten", not many of those around.

Rik

#4: Re: StuG IV recovered in Poland Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:49 am
    ----
[quote="Rikard_Hufschmied"]
- piney

That Stug was recovered in 2002 near Pskov in Russia. It was later transfered to Kubinka and is, last I heard, stored outside and in a degrading state. An interesting vehicle as it is fitted with "ostketten", not many of those around.

Wrong. This rare version of StuG 40 Ausf.G in Saratov area. Marauders already steal all equipment inside. Barbarians... Evil or Very Mad Kubinka try to take away this StuG, but... Crying or Very sad

#5: Re: StuG IV recovered in Poland Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:55 am
    ----
[quote="Taranov"]
- Rikard_Hufschmied
- piney

Wrong. This rare version of StuG 40 Ausf.G in Saratov area. Marauders already steal all equipment inside. Barbarians... Evil or Very Mad Kubinka try to take away this StuG, but... Crying or Very sad

My mistake, I was under the impression that the vehicle had been transfered to Kubinka. Ah, ok now I get it. The local administration wanted 8000 USD for the StuG but Kubinka doesn't have that kind of money, I just assumed that Kubinka as a State Military unit siezed it anyway. Too bad, it's a rare bird indeed. Thank's for the correction Taranov.

Cheers,
Rik

#6: Re: StuG IV recovered in Poland Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:51 pm
    ----
- Rikard_Hufschmied

My mistake, I was under the impression that the vehicle had been transfered to Kubinka. Ah, ok now I get it. The local administration wanted 8000 USD for the StuG but Kubinka doesn't have that kind of money, I just assumed that Kubinka as a State Military unit siezed it anyway. Too bad, it's a rare bird indeed. Thank's for the correction Taranov.

Cheers,
Rik

It's not all. Ayazkov, previous governor of Saratov region, have a plans to destroying this StuG by WWII era soviet guns in 9-st may. Now Ayazkov is out from governor's seat, and StuG is alive. But now it's a dead body without conservation and without internal equipment... Evil or Very Mad

Another sad story: in 2003 in SPb Area has been recovered KV-1 model 1941, very rare tank. It's a last series of KV-1 with F-32 gun, only one tank of this series is preserved. This tank have engine, radiostation, full set of internal equipment ect. An he have all chances for restoration to driving condition. And result: barbarians (for this scum i have only one word - barbarians with crooked hands) from SPb steal equipment (only rdiostation is preserved right now), later in one of SPb tank repairing factory has beed take out original engine (where this engine right now - good question). Later tank repairing factory workers place inside this tank engine from T-55, for this they make big hole in bottom plate. And for what?! Only for PR running to pedestal, removing engine and... and it's all. Now this tank preserved on the outdoor exhibition near SPb, without internal equipment, without engine, with big hole in bottom plate and without conservation. It's a crime. 10-15 years, and this tank - just a rusted piece of junk...

This tank right now:
www.tanxheaven.com/ros...bridge.htm

And in 2003:
www.nortfort.ru/np/foto_t1_e.html

-> AFV News Discussion Board