ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 1
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 1 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:50 am
    ----
FRED HAS HERE ONE OF THE BEST COLLECTIONS I'VE SEEN ONLY IMPROVEMENT I CAN SEE, HE COULD GIVE IT ALL TO ME..

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 1 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:55 am
    ----
Armyjunk2

If you have any shots of Fred Ropkeys 'Ontos' that you might be able to email me or post here, I would really like to add it to my collection of 'where are they now' photos.

I hope to actually make it up there in the near furture. I am intrigued at his Ontos. Until recently, I wasn't aware that he had it, and that it is operational. He doesn't have the turret mounted, from what I have been told.

Don

#3: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 1 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:27 pm
    ----
don sorry i didn't take any pics of it but i will next time......

#4: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 1 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:55 pm
    ----
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ID THESE

#5: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 1 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:46 am
    ----
Hi Army Junk 2! Hi Folks!

Left to right: M42 Duster, M41 Walker Bulldog Light tank

CW Universal Carrier, don't know the Mark number. Behind it and to the right is the front end of a M109A 1,2,3,4, or 5. I think that is a M3 Scout car on the far left edge of the photo.

Left to right: M18 Hellcat TD, M24 Chaffee Light Tank

M4 Sherman small hatchs (mid production hull)

James Garner, my guess is that is the tank he made a movie with?

M4A3E8 105mm Howitzer

M4A?E8 76mm(could be an A3, need to see the rear deck or engine)

M151A0 or A1 lower left edge, pair of bikes (I don't know bikes, sorry) M26 Pershing, M4A?E8 76mm, M4A3E8 105 how., lower right bottom and right edge, rear of a M56 S.P.A.T. tank destoryer.

Front view of the M56 S.P.A.T.

M2 halftrack

M8 Armored Car with a water cooled .30 cal. machine gun mount in place of a M2HB .50 cal. machine gun.

Type 97 (? I think)

WC-56 Command and recon car.

Left to right: M5 and M3 Stuart Light tanks.

M47 General Patton, possible ex-Italian rebuild

WC-??

V-8, dual carb, possible the engine out of a M4A3 Sherman tank.

That's my ID try without my references.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#6: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 1 Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:45 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2

T16 Universal Carrier, see www.mapleleafup.org/~t...story.html for background

-> AFV News Discussion Board