ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:04 am
    ----

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:13 am
    ----
Wow, when did you last visit? I'm in need of another visit soon to check on the status of his FT-17 they were working on when we last visited.

Let me know when you're ever heading back and we could meet up and check it out at the same time. Mr. Ropkey is one of the finest people one could meet and has plenty of armored history to share. He served in Korea in a 105mm M4!

Jeff

#3: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:39 am
    ----
Hi jeff, I was there a month ago. I'm headed to Maine for a week, anytime after that I can go.

#4: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:44 am
    ----
Cool! Just let me know me know!

Jeff

#5: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:52 pm
    ----
Hi Army Junk 2! Hi Folks!

Great photos, thanks!

- armyjunk2

Is that a M4A3 Sherman engine?

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#6: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:56 pm
    ----
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ID THESE

#7: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:53 am
    ----
I'd love to meet this Mr. Ropkey, that Cushman and Harley WLA are to die for! Closest thing I have is a 1972 Honda SL 350, (which is currently for sale).

#8: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:59 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Army Junk 2! Hi Folks!

Great photos, thanks!

- armyjunk2

Sgt, Scouts Out!

Not sure about the engine, but there sure are a bunch of nice 106mm Recoilless HEP rounds in the back ground.

Hmmmm wonder if he has the 106's that go with those rounds.... Wink

Don

#9: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:47 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle

Yep, Ford GAA V8 engine.

Hanno

#10: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:30 am
    ----
I had a 72 Honda SL, it was blue, anyway i'm in maine for a week or so. will post some picyures when i get home, you all will like Fred's "new" 1945 jeep engine still crated.........hope everyone likes these pictures, if they get to be too much just tell me. have a good one everyone

#11: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:30 pm
    ----
The Harley is a WLA 45 (cubic inches) flattie. Mah' daddy used ta' ride one o' them in Italy in 1945 around Foggia...with the Thompson, too. I'll round up a pic when I get home in a couple of days.

Next to it appears to be a BMW but it's worth noting, historically, that Harley also built about a thousand copies of the Beemer (engine) design as a backup in case it was needed for war use. I think they were designated XA's, but I'd need to check on that to be sure.

#12: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:35 pm
    ----
the bike next to the harley is chinese, russian or east european, its modern...

#13: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:51 am
    ----
The bike next to the Harley could be a Ural? They are currently built with sidecars, both rear tire drive the bike, and are copies of the old WWII type BMW's if I'm not mistaken. I'd like to have one. My Honda SL350 was Sapphire Blue under that OD green. Did you notice my Black-Out marker light on my handlebars? Got it from an old OPFOR OSV sitting in the motorpool at Ft Irwin. This is my current ride, a 2003, 100th Anniversary Harley Sportster 1200 Custom with a Stage I Screaming Eagle kit.

#14: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:08 am
    ----
that bike is a ural i think, heres my old '73 kawasaki

#15: Re: ROPKEY ARMOR MUSUEM, CRAWFORDVILLE, IN PAGE 2 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:12 am
    ----
Not a 'bike' fan, We do have a real nice Harley which is now displayed in the entry way.

We have a BSA which is has been undergoing restoration. Also an there is an old Indian in the collection, but it is in storage and not viewable.

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board