For those who are interested in model kits, some news
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: For those who are interested in model kits, some news Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:54 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

Just stopped by Great Wed model store to check on the status of an order I placed yesterday.

I noticed on the front page a report on the "i Hobby 2006" show.

Also their are claiming the M2A2 halftrack kits are due in next week.
I would like some, but I think I will wait until someone reviews them.

The Dora railroad gun is due something in Nov/Dec. Correct me if I am wrong, but it's it November already? If nothing else, the i Hobby 2006 link has some pictures of the kit. There is one of a guy holding the gun barrel and it is almost as tall as he is!

Lindburg is releasing it's VERY, VERY old M46 Patton, 1/48 scale, tank kit! I had a couple of those in my back yard army back in the days when I played with my models. Maybe I will pick one for old times if it doesn't cost an arm and leg.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts out! Smile

#2: Re: For those who are interested in model kits, some news Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:28 pm
    ----
I had the Tiger I kit, I was very dissapointed even back then when I opened the box and saw the tracks, roadwheels and suspension were all one piece like the RO-CO 1/87 Mini-Tanks Shocked . You'd figure at 1/48th scale it would have at least rubber track like the old Aurora's Sad .

Joe D

#3: Re: For those who are interested in model kits, some news Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:37 pm
    ----
Hi Joe! Hi Folks!

- Joe_D
I had the Tiger I kit, I was very dissapointed even back then when I opened the box and saw the tracks, roadwheels and suspension were all one piece like the RO-CO 1/87 Mini-Tanks Shocked . You'd figure at 1/48th scale it would have at least rubber track like the old Aurora's Sad .

Joe D

Aurora?

Old fogie brain reset! It was the VERY VERY old Aurora kits I had. Never knew that there was a second company making that vehicle in 1/48 scale.
At least Lingburg is calling it a Patton, if I am remember right this time around), Aurora called their M46 kit a Pershing.
If I ran acrossed an Aurora kit, I would think about picking one of old times, but I think I will pass on any Lingburg kits.

Sad Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board