Surviving Panzers website
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Surviving Panzers website Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:40 pm
    ----
Hello,

Here you will find a website listing the vast majority of surviving German WW2 tanks :

Surviving Panzers

There are also French and Soviet WW2 tanks listed on this website, along with WW1 tanks.

check for updates..

Any comments, new photos or anything else is the most welcome.

Pierre-Olivier

Last edited by the_shadock on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 4 times in total

#2: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:43 pm
    ----
Nice job P-O!! You and Neil are going to cost me lots of money now that I know where to see all of these afv's!! BTW, I didn't see Jacques Littlefield's Pzkpfw IV Ausf. H, www.toadmanstankpictur...m/pziv.htm in the PDF. Did I miss it? I can shoot some hi-resolution pics of it for you in a couple of weeks if you'd like.

Regards,
Chris

(Editted to make the linky work-Doug)

#3: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:50 pm
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
Nice job P-O!! You and Neil are going to cost me lots of money now that I know where to see all of these afv's!! BTW, I didn't see Jacques Littlefield's Pzkpfw IV Ausf. H, www.toadmanstankpictur.../pziv.htm, in the PDF. Did I miss it? I can shoot some hi-resolution pics of it for you in a couple of weeks if you'd like.

Regards,
Chris

sorry I just... forgot it. Shame on me..

anyway I'm interested by your pics.

P-O

#4: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:09 am
    ----
Pierre-Olivier, great site and listings.

If I could put in a request for your next set, how about Czech tanks & variants? Ie LT 35s / PzKpfw 35s, LT 38s / PzKpfw 38s, Hetzers, etc. I noticed they (Hetzers especially) werent covered in the Surviving Modified Foreign Vehicles file.

Congrats & thanks again!

Neil

#5: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:01 pm
    ----
Neil,

I already finished to list the Hetzers and G-13 and published the PDF file :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Hetzers_G13.pdf

but I have problems to connect to the server via the software Filezilla so I just can't update the website for the moment. I'll retry this evening..
Now I have listed the majority of the tracked vehicles produced by Germany, including the foreign vehicles heavily modified (that is to say, not only by changing a radio set or some accessories, but with heavy modifications to the structure).
I would like to create PDF files for LT 35s / PzKpfw 35s, LT 38s / PzKpfw 38s too, but the question is : how to consider which vehicles are German and which are not. For example the Wehrmacht used french tanks FT-17, Renault R35, Somua S-35, but could we consider these as German tanks? Could I consider LT-35 (t) and LT-38 (t) as German tanks or as foreign vehicles re-used by the Wehrmacht, and why?

Pierre-Olivier

#6: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:11 pm
    ----
Pierre-Olivier,
This is an interesting question & a good subject for debate. In general, I think the Czeck tanks have been considered "German" for two basic reasons: 1) Bohemia & Moravia was directly incorporated into the Reich; specifically Skoda was brought into the German industrial base; 2) the LT 38 first entered service with the German army as the PzKpfw 38(t) - it was designed for, but never entered service with the Czechoslovak army. The LT-35 was used by the Czechoslovak army, but saw actual combat service with the German army from 1939-~1942.

Also, keep in mind you've already done one non-German subject: FT-17s. No reason you cant branch out further. Czech tanks are a good spin-off subject from German tanks. After that you could start on other French tanks!

Neil

#7: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:06 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
the LT 38 first entered service with the German army as the PzKpfw 38(t) - it was designed for, but never entered service with the Czechoslovak army. The LT-35 was used by the Czechoslovak army, but saw actual combat service with the German army from 1939-~1942

I didn't know.. so we could consider them both as German tanks..

- Neil_Baumgardner
Also, keep in mind you've already done one non-German subject: FT-17s

That's an exception. Keep in mind that in France we really love exceptions Mr. Green .. In fact I have done this list for a friend and decided to publish it too.. I would like to list all Italian tanks, Japanese maybe too.. and for French tanks we will see one day or another..

P-O

#8: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:57 pm
    ----
Oh yeah. The LT/PzKpw 35 and LT/PzKpf 38 were used in front-line service with panzer divisions during the invasions of Poland, France and the Soviet Union. French and other tanks were generally only used for internal & rear area security - not front line combat.

Neil

#9: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:51 pm
    ----
Pierre-Olivier, where do Czechoslovak/German tanks fall in terms of priority?

Neil

#10: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:12 pm
    ----
Neil, the CZ/German tanks are already included in the "captured and modified tanks" file :

German vehicles based on captured and modified foreign equipment :
PzKpfw. 35 (t), PzKpfw 38 (t), 10.5 cm leFH 18(Sf) auf Geschützwagen, Marder I, Panzerjäger I, Marder III, Grille, Munitionspanzer 38 (t) :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Modified_Foreign_Vehicles.pdf

Pierre-Olivier

Last edited by the_shadock on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

#11: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:31 am
    ----
- the_shadock
Yes of course, I'm very interested in publishing such a document !! I'm currently working on a Polish pre-1945 armoured vehicles, and I'll do the Italian tanks file later, probably in May. Then, I think that I'll try to list the German half-tracks..

Pierre-Olivier

What vehicles do you have on Polish list?
Did you have only vehicles produce by Polish or in service too?

#12: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:40 am
    ----
I have these vehicles :
-Tk-3
-Tks
-C2P
-"Kubus"
-Ford FT-B (reproduction)
-Peugeot 1918 (reproduction)
-Armored Car wz.34 (Reproduction)
-"Kubus" (reproduction)
-parts of 7TP tank
-Vicker Type E Mk B turret

and that's it for the moment. The list was provided to me by Rafal "Bialy", and I decided not to add or remove anything for the moment, as I didn't do further researches about Polish pre-1945 vehicles yet. However any suggestion to improve the document is welcome.

Pierre-Olivier

#13: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:13 am
    ----
You should add repro of 7 TP what is doing in Bielsko Biala

link with photos www.military-zone.pl/r...,k,0,pgn,1

This repro will be base on orginal parts found in many places in Poland

#14: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:48 pm
    ----
T-34 list (in fact, in Red Army NOT used T-34/76 index - just T-34)

#1 - Kubinka. It's spring-summer 1941 production, factory 183 (KhPZ). Used in armoured train as a pillbox.
#2 - Saumur. It's 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#3 - Ps. 231-1. It's summer-fall 1941 production vehicle, STZ (first series, with early style driver's hatch and turret's tail).
#4 - Ps. 231-2. Fall-winter 1941 vehicle, STZ, with new turret's tail.
#5 - Ps. 231-3. It's spring-summer 1941 production, factory 183 (KhPZ).
#6 - Polish Army Museum. It's 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#7 - Gdansk. It's 1942 production vehicle, STZ.
#8 - Kolobzeg. Looks like a 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#9 - New Petrovtsy. Looks like a 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#10 - Poklonnaya Hill. 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#11 - Poklonnaya Hill. T-34/85 (Factory 174) hull and STZ 1942 production turret.
#12 - Central Armed Forces Museum. 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#13 - Naro-Fomisk. 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#14 - Medyn. It's summer-fall 1941 production vehicle, STZ, cast turret
#15 - Taman. Looks like a 1942 production vehicle, factory 112
#16 - Tambov. Hull of Factory 112 1942 production, turret of STZ 1942 production.
#17 - Aberdeen. It's spring-summer 1941 production, factory 183 (KhPZ).

More to come.

#15: Re: Surviving panzers webpage Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:15 am
    ----
- Taranov
T-34 list (in fact, in Red Army NOT used T-34/76 index - just T-34)

#1 - Kubinka. It's spring-summer 1941 production, factory 183 (KhPZ). Used in armoured train as a pillbox.

More to come.

There is something that I don't understand : the first tank on my list is said to be the "Koshkin tank", which was developed at the very beginning of the war and was one of the first T-34 produced. Can it have been produced in summer 1941?

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board