Surviving Panzers website
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 53, 54, 55  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#136: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:44 pm
    ----
Neil,

I checked out my pictures of her. SN 5934 is her original number that's stamped on the right front upper hull. Looking at all my pictures I see no other numbers, and I'm pretty sure if there were I would have recorded them. I seriously doubt she'd have a rebuild number since the hull has not been upgraded and is still pretty much a plain M48A1 model. The only mods I've seen were the Dozer kit attachments and the removal of the track tension idler, neither would get her a rebuild SN. Curious where you got that number.

Valley Station "Franken-Tank"

Serial Number

"Buford"

Bob,

Great story, I actually have a real one similar to that dealing with a training device in Korea. The dreaded "TWGSS" Mad

#137: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:38 pm
    ----
According to my info, "SN identified by Don Moriarty (AFV News Discussion Board, 9/2007)." Wink

Neil

#138: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:32 am
    ----
- Joe_D

Bob,

Great story, I actually have a real one similar to that dealing with a training device in Korea. The dreaded "TWGSS" Mad

Well I'll admit to making some guesses but I figured an armor maintenance shop can't be much different than a fighter maintenance unit.

And I've seen some strange things (including a baby blue non-flyable F-15 that disappeared from Langley AFB and wasn't even missed for several days Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

#139: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:43 am
    ----
Joe

I still have some of my photos, lost the full session images to a crashed hard drive. Cool

Guess I need to cruise down to Valley Station.... Confused

Regards
Don

#140: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:17 pm
    ----
new PDF published today :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Grizzlys.pdf

P-O

#141: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:13 pm
    ----

#142: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:59 pm
    ----
that's great, thanks !!

BTW, there was no Grizzly produced with a SN 3305..
The Shop No. range is from 1 to 188.

Pierre-Olivier

#143: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:06 pm
    ----
I suspect thats their tracking number - which probably gives a good idea just how much stuff is on their books.

#144: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:41 pm
    ----
P-O

Some remarks on the Grizzly list:

This one is in a private collection but its locationisn't Belgium but it's Luxembourg.

the one with the unknown location where you made the picture, did you make it at tanks in town two years back? If so the its from a private collection In Turnhout, Belgium ( the same owner as the M4(105) Joe Dope, the M4(105) previous at Poteau and the T-34/85 witch was last year at Tanks in Town.

Michel

#145: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:49 pm
    ----
- Tichenor
its from a private collection In Turnhout, Belgium ( the same owner as the M4(105) Joe Dope, the M4(105) previous at Poteau and the T-34/85 witch was last year at Tanks in Town.

Michel

Could we add all the list to the Belgium AFVs register?

P-O

#146: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:26 pm
    ----
you would not be surprised to find this :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Sherman_Dozers.pdf

Wink

P-O

#147: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:24 pm
    ----
Again, after our discussions about Churchills located in England, you would not be surprised to find this :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Churchills.pdf

Beware : it's a 10 MB file

Wink

P-O

#148: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 pm
    ----
it's a 10 MB file

That's make me wonder what you have listed

Not every English tank is an Churchill you know
Just like the fact that every German tank reported on the Western front in WW2, wasn't an Tiger Wink

Michel

#149: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:20 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
That's make me wonder what you have listed

Not every English tank is an Churchill you know
Just like the fact that every German tank reported on the Western front in WW2, wasn't an Tiger Wink

Michel

Michel,

there are nearly 100 surviving Churchill tanks... and for this file, I was able to get high-quality pictures for some tanks, that's why the file is bigger.

P-O

#150: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:43 pm
    ----
Nice work!

I don't see the bridgelayer at Cwmbran (or is it the one now at Chatham?). It's still showing in Google.

-> AFV News Discussion Board