Surviving Panzers website
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 53, 54, 55  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#526: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:36 am
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
T26 (7TP) restoration, Poland.

odkrywca.pl/projekt-7t...64345.html

From my knowledge only the tracks are from T26

#527: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:46 pm
    ----
ZSU 57/2 in Poland.
commons.wikimedia.org/...Warsaw.JPG
One of the one's that's moved?

#528: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:01 pm
    ----
RSO

Leningrad area?
odkrywca.pl/raupenschl...52817.html

German Mining Museum, Bochum
same source

Same vehicle?

From same thread as above.

Norway, same Polish website!

Ditto!

Several photos of RSO bits, same vehicle's remains (same Polish website)

No prizes for website this is from!

#529: Re: Surviving Panzers website Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:34 pm
    ----
T26 (7TP) restoration, Poland.

odkrywca.pl/projekt-7t...64345.html

#530: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:27 am
    ----
- the_shadock
hello,

trying to update the Italian medium and heavy tanks PDF file with the new tank hull from Alice Castello, there is something I don't understand :

This one is the one now at Forte Bramafam

This one seems to be still at Alice Castello :
However, these two photos seem to be reversed, because the MG bow is on the wrong side.

Now, there is another hull (seems to be different from the two other ones). Were there 3 different M15/42 hulls at Alice Castello?

P-O

Pierre-Olivier - at one point I thought there might be 3 hulls, but I have found no evidence of it. I believe that photo is off this tank, the one with the small mantlet opening (and it is reversed which is what I meant when I wrote 'Picture is mirror image'):

preservedtanks.com/Pro...queID=1557

#531: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:19 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Jagd/Panther piece, ex-Alsace scrapyard.

www.wehrmacht-awards.c...p?t=488524
Maybe too small for "Big Parts", but possibly more to come?

well, during a reenactment event in 2009, I was told that there was a Jagdpanther wreck in a museum in Alsace. I didn't think that the wreck was so small... lol

Pierre-Olivier

#532: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:13 pm
    ----
FT turret "Maginot Line"
t0.gstatic.com/images?...KD_wP_&t=1
Another turret
t1.gstatic.com/images?...yWob5l&t=1

Associated website's defunct.

#533: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:00 pm
    ----
Jagd/Panther piece, ex-Alsace scrapyard.

www.wehrmacht-awards.c...p?t=488524
Maybe too small for "Big Parts", but possibly more to come?

#534: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:26 pm
    ----
hello,

trying to update the Italian medium and heavy tanks PDF file with the new tank hull from Alice Castello, there is something I don't understand :

This one is the one now at Forte Bramafam

This one seems to be still at Alice Castello :

However, these two photos seem to be reversed, because the MG bow is on the wrong side.

Now, there is another hull (seems to be different from the two other ones). Were there 3 different M15/42 hulls at Alice Castello?
http://www.vecio.it/forum/download/file.php?id=5762&sid=7de0980fea4e6629fce7e38ce4783efe

P-O

#535: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:39 am
    ----
You are right Trevor! I missed that one. Good to know it's still there.

Massimo

#536: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:31 pm
    ----
That's not my understanding - from the Vecio forum link here:

Location ID 5230: Alice Castello

it was confirmed to still be there a year ago (but let me know if I've got the translation wrong).

#537: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:43 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
The one with the large mantlet opening went to Bramafam, the one with the small mantlet opening is still at Alice Castello.

At least we assume/hope it's still there. There is no update on it since many years

Massimo

#538: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:46 pm
    ----
Thanks - sorry if I laboured the point but I spent ages examining the photos and videos and translating dozens of Italian web sites! Having done that I wrote up everything I learnt and added links to all the pictures, videos and other pages so they're available for future reference.

#539: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:25 am
    ----
We should have you on TV, as a forensic tank detective!

#540: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:29 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Ah, right, I thought Massimo was saying that the one I'd found photos of, was the one moved to Forte Bramafan.

Yes, exactly - that's what I meant by referring to the text:

"It was originally emplaced beside a road outside the ammunition store at Alice Castello and is believed to have been removed in the 1990s. It consisted of just the upper hull and turret fixed in concrete, with the entire lower hull, including engine compartment and running gear, removed. When seen there it retained its side door, and the mounting and inner mantlet for its machine-guns, but these are no longer fitted."

- Massimo_Foti
I really don't know. Those photos are old (there are videos on Youtube too).:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTV1NGXhu50

It's hard to tell which of the hulls was moved to Forte Bramafan. Most likely it's this one:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaOTXZlOXc

Massimo

No, it's the other way around, which is why I put the YouTube links with the tanks they relate to, and why I highlighted the differences in 'Other Identification'. The one with the large mantlet opening went to Bramafam, the one with the small mantlet opening is still at Alice Castello.

-> AFV News Discussion Board