WWII Battle of Britain replicas...Gag me with a spoon!
-> Officer's Club

#1: WWII Battle of Britain replicas...Gag me with a spoon! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:12 pm
    ----
Words fail me..... Rolling Eyes

Battle of Britain "replicas"...

"Unique by definition "

(God be praised.....there will be no more!)

#2: Re: WWII Battle of Britain replicas...Gag me with a spoon! Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:21 pm
    ----
Geez Louise, Liddy unarmed, amazing. Thought anything he would put his name next to would have real guns attached.

I wonder if he still has his radio program?

He does a bit about a guy who attaches a JATO bottle to a Chevy out here in Arizona. So damn funny I about peed myself listening to it.

#3: Re: WWII Battle of Britain replicas...Gag me with a spoon! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:22 am
    ----
- 401RCAF_Thud68

He does a bit about a guy who attaches a JATO bottle to a Chevy out here in Arizona. So damn funny I about peed myself listening to it.

I heard that same story, but at Davis-Monthan/Pima, over ten years ago. I'm not sure if it's urban legend, or maybe true. Heard it went really badly, what with the speed ratings of the tires and all ('specially since you can't throttle one of them back or turn it off once lit).

#4: Re: WWII Battle of Britain replicas...Gag me with a spoon! Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:51 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- 401RCAF_Thud68

I heard that same story, but at Davis-Monthan/Pima, over ten years ago. I'm not sure if it's urban legend, or maybe true. Heard it went really badly, what with the speed ratings of the tires and all ('specially since you can't throttle one of them back or turn it off once lit).

Sadly, an urban legend. It warms my heart to think about a stupid person bringing about his own spectacular demise, but in this case it's not true. Snopes.com has the skinny on the story, and MythBusters did a segment testing it out. Funnily enough, I saw it on a 'greatest hits' show just a couple days ago.

C

#5: Re: WWII Battle of Britain replicas...Gag me with a spoon! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:38 pm
    ----
- C_Sherman
- JG300-Ascout
- 401RCAF_Thud68

Sadly, an urban legend. It warms my heart to think about a stupid person bringing about his own spectacular demise, but in this case it's not true. Snopes.com has the skinny on the story
C

Sad I share your disappointment.... Wink

-> Officer's Club