Commando
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Commando Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:09 pm
    ----
Anyone going near McCoy in the near future?

I need a really comprehensive walkaround of the commando prototype there for a lecture later this year.

Cool

#2: Re: Commando Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:13 pm
    ----
I suspect Don & Joe D should have some pictures. Unfortunately Don's were posted on the old board, which is now totally gone Sad

Neil

#3: Re: Commando Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:18 pm
    ----
Ah, internet archive is a great thing:

web.archive.org/web/20...read/66252

Neil

#4: Re: Commando Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:35 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
Anyone going near McCoy in the near future?

I need a really comprehensive walkaround of the commando prototype there for a lecture later this year.

Cool

Jim

That is the only shot that I have of the Commando. I still have all the pics I took back in 05.

JoeD might have some also have some pics as he spent a little time up there. I don't know if he took any of the Commando.

Don

Last edited by Dontos on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: Commando Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:38 pm
    ----
Here's a link to the pictures Joe D posted:

www.com-central.net/in...pic&t=3667

Neil

#6: Re: Commando Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:43 pm
    ----
A bit small for my purposes but would maybe do in an emergency. I am after individual images of everything on the vehicle and may be persuaded to cough up mileage & expenses on this one....

I managed to locate 64 identifiable variants of the Commando. Have images of most of them but if anyone comes across any interesting images I would appreciate a copy...

Cool

#7: Re: Commando Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:48 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
I managed to locate 64 identifiable variants of the Commando.

er make that 69.....

Cool

#8: Re: Commando Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:45 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
er make that 69.....

To avoid any more postings on this subject make that - More variants than you can shake a stick at....

Cool

#9: Re: Commando Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:55 pm
    ----
Sorry Jim,
Dontos is right, I have quite a few of it which are quite large but they are stored on a CD at home Neutral , Some pretty good top views too. Probably won't get access to them until late June Sad , But when I do get home I'll have some pretty good pictures to post. In hindsight I should have backed all my pictures up on an external harddrive and took it with me. All I brought was my M60 stuff Rolling Eyes

Joe D

#10: Re: Commando Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:36 pm
    ----
I have some pics of the McCoy Commando also that I could scan for you. I am currently restoring mine, so if you know any other Commando owners please let me know! Thanks!

Dave C
Portland OR

#11: Re: Commando Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:47 pm
    ----
A few others around the net....

Commando & others - Sales

Pity...IT sold already...

If only I could win the lottery,...then I could 'MAKE A WISH'!!

Cool
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board