just for the fun of it
-> Officer's Club

#1: just for the fun of it Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:03 pm
    ----
S! All !

here a screenie just for the fun of it Wink

The Fokker F.XII trimotor early morning

The Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij had eight, and the associated company Koninklijke Nederlandsch Indische Luchtvaart Maatschappij had two F.XII's.

They were used on KLM's european routes, on the long Amsterdam-Batavia (Jakarta) line and to Darwin (Australia).

if you like to view the full size piccie

fled
Cool

p.s. feel free to vote for this pic at the screenshot competition

#2: Re: just for the fun of it Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:14 pm
    ----
Looks much better full-sized.

#3: Re: just for the fun of it Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:20 pm
    ----
- Shades
Looks much better full-sized.

I know, therefore I posted the link to the full size one Wink

#4: Re: just for the fun of it Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:28 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij

I love it when you talk dirty!

#5: Re: just for the fun of it Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:38 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
I posted the link to the full size one
lol that's the one I meant.
The smaller one is kinda blocky but clicking on the large one is smooth 'n' sessie.
Wink

#6: Re: just for the fun of it Author: ph-aadLocation: Cadiz, Spain PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:35 pm
    ----
Nice shot Fled. Smile Pity they don't build planes like that anymore. Cheers, Aad.

#7: Re: just for the fun of it Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:20 am
    ----
Very nice shot Fled!

#8: Re: just for the fun of it Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:22 am
    ----
desktop material, fine, very fine... a bit of fled-heaven

#9: Re: just for the fun of it Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:58 am
    ----
Fled, is this F.XII by Jens Kristensen? I have here installed an F.VIIb of his, which is a single engined one, quite beautiful, but this three-motor is even better... oh, yeah! found it:

-> library.avsim.net/esea...DLID=96602

(I can't dare to attach a thumbnail - your screenshot says it all)

Even his C.V/M26 looks nice a lot:

-> library.avsim.net/esea...DLID=96610

File Description:
FSX and FS2004 Fokker C.V-M/26. This aircraft made an epic flight from Copenhagen to Tokyo and back in 1926, flown by A.P. Botved (pilot) and C.J.C. Olsen (mechanic). The Fokker C.V was a very succesful series of aircraft used for reconnaisance, as a light bomber or a two-seat fighter. It could be fitted with a lot of different engines, and wings of several configurations. This aircraft (R1 of the Danish Army Air Force) was powered by a 512 h.p. Lorraine-Dietrich 12eb inline engine. It was delivered as a C.V-C with square wings that made it look like a scaled-up Fokker D.VII. For the long-distance flight it had longer, tapered wings of the C.V-E type fitted, and all military equipment was replaced with extra fuel, oil and supplies for the crew. Version 1.1, modified to work with FSX as well as FS2004.

[img]http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=150836[/img]

Filename: cvm_v11.zip
Author: Jens B. Kristensen
Size: 3370kb

Marco

#10: Re: just for the fun of it Author: gajinoz PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:02 pm
    ----
I love those old planes and that one up top, (great pic by the way), is an excellent example of them.

-> Officer's Club