Serial Number Guide...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:41 pm
    ----
Hello.

Who can help with disposition of S/Ns of shassis and hull of Panther tank?
We have found one number, but now I am not sure if this is a hull or chassis number?

P.S. Data tables are not present.

#47: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:41 am
    ----
Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know if there is a serial number on the out side of the Swizz G-13 tank destroyer?

Thanks,
Roy

#48: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:50 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know if there is a serial number on the out side of the Swizz G-13 tank destroyer?

Thanks,
Roy

Greetings, Trooper!

Have you look in on this thread? I suspect that maybe Massimo or Zemsi can get you on the right "track" there.

www.com-central.net/in...p;start=45

#49: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:20 am
    ----
Hi Doug!

Yes, even posted my question in that thread back in March 2009. As of today, still no response.

You get A for effort Doug!

#50: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:31 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Doug!

Yes, even posted my question in that thread back in March 2009. As of today, still no response.

You get A for effort Doug!

That never worked for me in school!

#51: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:25 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle

I am not aware of any.

Massimo

#52: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:45 pm
    ----
Hi Masssimo!

Thank you! I take it then that the serial number is only inside the vehicle somewhere.

Roy

#53: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:37 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Thank you! I take it then that the serial number is only inside the vehicle somewhere.

I am not 100% sure. I am just not aware of any location. It could be there without me knowing about it

Massimo

#54: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:22 am
    ----
Hi Massimo

You asked about the numbers on german artillery
Most info is found on the breech
But often the number is also on the top of the barrel.

#55: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:22 am
    ----
Hi Massimo

You asked about the numbers on german artillery
Most info is found on the breech
But often the number is also on the top of the barrel.

#56: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:24 am
    ----
And the numbers are also at the side of the breechblock at the metal top and bottom. But most of the time that is gone or corroded

#57: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:04 am
    ----
Walter, is the serial number always preceded by an R?

Massimo

#58: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:10 pm
    ----
Massimo ,normaly there is the R,but I have seen numbers preceded by XD and also with PJ. But I guess these letters have been put in later

Walter

#59: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:32 pm
    ----
In looking close up at the Bucharest 88mm photographed by Massimo, I see: R1582 / 1937 / Rh MB, on front of breech. Any idea on the "R" meaning. apparently 1937 is year, but what does Rh MB mean also? Rick

#60: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:13 pm
    ----
Hello,

I've done a page that quickly explains where to find a Sherman serial number or other useful information :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/sherman_minutia/data/sherman_serials.html

I will try to add info about Tank Destroyers etc..

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board