Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#31: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:02 pm
    ----
www.ninis.nisra.gov.uk...95PP16.jpg

The above map has both RAF St Angelo within area bounded by green line bottom left and the same for RAF Castle Archdale except Castle Arcdale is top left. What was RAF Killadeas now the Yacht Club is about Halfway between them.

www.ninis.nisra.gov.uk...alogue.asp

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#32: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:33 pm
    ----
Hi Fled, I've worked it out. I did some mods in RWY12 and altered stuff around, which is fair enough, but there was a parking zone that was positioned wrong, AI aircraft started half inside hangar building. To fix this I loaded the AF2 file into Afcad2 and changed the parking spot, saved it and thought that was it, but Afcad must have screwed up the default scenery I'd used; the tower, cottages and the checkerboard shack ( not powerhouse).
I wasn't too sure and thought maybe I needed a fresh install of FS but you've now confirmed what I suspected.
I will have to re-upload now I've fixed it, how embarrassing, you can tell I just started doing scenery. :?)
Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Dave

#33: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:36 pm
    ----
you're most welcome Dave, glad that I could be of any help.

fled
Cool

#34: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:50 pm
    ----
Hi Adrian I just e-mailed Ulster Aviation, see what they can come up with. That book about Castle Archdale and Fermanagh in black and white looks handy.
Regards
Dave

#35: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:59 pm
    ----
very nice, have it!

Maybe someone could do Thorpe Abbots? (hint - hint)

Home of the 100th BG HEavy - the Bloody Hundreth... (movie 12 O' Clock High based on the Century Bombers)...

www.100thbg.com/

#36: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:13 am
    ----
Everyone I've re-uploaded Usworthv1.1 as the first one was screwed, missing tower and some buildings, sorry 'bout that. Smile

#37: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:58 am
    ----
Thank you Dave,

Much appreciated

fled
Cool

#38: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:21 pm
    ----
List of Airfield plans including Castle Archdale

www.afterthebattle.com/airleaf.pdf

www.afterthebattle.com

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#39: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:37 pm
    ----
Hi Gents, sorry for the delay, here's some screenies of the progress so far on Castle Archdale.
Now managed to build the invisible runway and taxiways on the lake with Afcad, now got to do the shore base. Rolling Eyes

Taxiing to the Lake1

Taxiing to the Lake2

Taking Off

On Approach

Moored At Castle Archdale

#40: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:55 am
    ----
Great Dave,

looking forward to see more, and in case you need a guinnee piggie, I'm here

fled
Cool

#41: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:56 am
    ----
Ok Fled, thanks, I've attached the Afcad for you to look at.
Do you have any WW2 airfield buildings I can use such as nissen huts. Looking at the one very poor photo I have of the place it was mostly prefabs?
There is one thing, I keep selecting Castle Archdale and a Cat as default flight, but every time I try to load it it gets to about 57% then crashes.
What I have to do is load the Cat with a different Airfield then hit ALT and GO TO, select Castle Archdale, and it loads fine then. Confused
Is it because I'm just trying to load a bare-bones AFCAD without scenery?

Regards
Dave

#42: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:16 pm
    ----
if you want to load the AFCAD there must be a scenery bgl for it to find the airfield as far as my recollection goes

fled

#43: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:06 pm
    ----
Hi Adrian, Guys, quick update on Castle Archdale.
I got the problem sorted, the base loads fine now.
Latest Screen shots. I've done the AFCAD, the AI Cats taxi to the lake, take off, do a circuit and return to their parking spots beside the shore base.
I've laid the basic hardstanding and roads aprons as best I could from the photos available. I've added the small Island missing in FS9 which is just north of the base, ( just wants a few trees on it )
Unfortunately I still haven't got the hang of GMax yet, I refuse to use ScenegenX any more, load of sh.t., and I haven't had time to do much of anything as my better half is ill and has been in and out of hospital, so I'm looking after her, our MAD Boxer, two cats and five rabbits, as well as cooking etc.
I would like it very much if someone more competent than myself fancies taking over with the scenery, it's mostly trees a few nissen huts dotted about and a couple of hangars. You can have full credit.
If not I will endeavour to finish it later, sorry Adrian, I know you're excited about it. I've attached the AFCAD so you can use it in FS9 if you wish.
Don't forget you need to use AI Cats that have had their contact points edited to be able to take off.
Regards
Dave

#44: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:32 pm
    ----
Hi guys, getting back on track now, got some good nissen hut models so will start creating the scenery for Castle Archdale, wife is a lot better now.
TTFN Smile
Dave

#45: Re: Sunderland Airport aka Usworth Airfield now available. Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:21 pm
    ----
that's good news Dave !

fled
Cool

-> FS2004