military museum can use help in southern ca.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: military museum can use help in southern ca. Author: Craig PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:18 pm
    ----
i posted a few months ago a lot of e mails
we still need help
tour guides
p r
auto/tank restoration
or helpers
we have over 160 displays list in web page
members.aol.com/tankland/museum.htm

#2: Re: military museum can use help in southern ca. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:29 pm
    ----
Hi Craig,

Well, we've kinda' lost track of Russ Buchan, but I'll try to dig up his email at work tomorrow and re-establish commo...this is a trip long overdue. Maybe I can trek it up there and do a lil' photo feature with your indulgence and post it here for folks and get a first hand of yer place, which I've been meaning to do anyway. (I'm kinda' kickin' myself since I made two trips up there in the last few weeks to the Consulado Brasileiro for a new visa over at Wilshire and La Cienega in the Flynt Pubs. Bldg.)

I'm a little far (San Diego) to be of help with the volunteer/tours/resto thing as much as I'd be willing to...and, I travel professionally, so I'm not all that reliable anyway. But maybe we can do some P.R. for ya'. Wink

#3: Re: military museum can use help in southern ca. Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:48 pm
    ----
The Flynt Pubs bldg? Is that like Larry Flynt? And just what kind of pictures do you use with a Visa?

#4: Re: military museum can use help in southern ca. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:56 pm
    ----
- bsmart
The Flynt Pubs bldg? Is that like Larry Flynt? And just what kind of pictures do you use with a Visa?

I think we just learned a whole lot more than we needed to know about what other magazines may be interspersed between Bob's vintage copies of "The Haunted Tank" and past issues of "AFV News". Wink

I think Larry's premier publication has been out of print for years, Bob. You know, the internet?

#5: Re: military museum can use help in southern ca. Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:40 pm
    ----
Ah.....excuse me guys...... Lets keep this thread ON TOPIC.... (GEEEZ) Mr. Green

Is there anyway of confirming the actualy number of M50A1's in El Monte. If more than one, could someone be so kind as to take a couple of 'new' photos, and maybe some back ground data(ie USMC #'s / SN's / Any original unit markings...).

My 'Ontos Register' is lacking any specific info, other than a couple of old photos of the M50A1 displayed w/.30 cal gun shield, beside the M56.

Currently I have 135 entries and I'm always looking to 'scrub' the listing, especially conserning surviving vehicles.

Thanks
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board