Armor Museums/Displays in Poland
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:11 am
    ----
Looks like there is also an M6 half-track tank destroyer in there...

Neil

#17: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:57 am
    ----
Yep, but designation this vehicle in Poland is Su-57

#18: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:02 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Looks like there is also an M6 half-track tank destroyer in there...

Neil

It's T48 tank destroyer, or SU-57 in Red Army and polish army.

#19: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:02 pm
    ----
So is that a licensed built version, or from lend lease?

Neil

#20: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:22 pm
    ----
The T48 GMC was supplied to the British. It used the 57mm M1 AT gun (Which was a licensed adaptation of the 6pdr). 962 were ordered of which 680 were delivered to Britian. The remainder were retained in the U.S. and converted to M3A1 personnel carriers. Chamberlain & Ellis says 'most vehicles delevered to Britian appear to have been converted tp PCs by removal of the gun. Hunnicutt says only 30 were retained by the British and 650 were sent to the Soviet Union. It looks like Chanberlain and Ellis couldn't rack most of the ones sent to Britian and assumed they were converted (like the ones retained by the U.S.) Hunnicutt (done years later) appears to have cleared that up.

#21: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:44 am
    ----
In LWP (Polish Army in soviet command) was use 15 su-57. Su-57 was use by 7 Samodzielny Dywizjon Artylerii Samobieznej. War survive 5 su-57.

#22: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:52 am
    ----
Poland AFV register is aviable in this location the.shadock.free.fr/Poland_AFVs.pdf

Thanks the_shadock for space on yours server

#23: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:41 am
    ----
- Polar

Thanks to you Polar for having done such a job !!

That's only a temporary file, since it hasn't been checked by Neil. When he'll have the time to do it, he will put it on his own server Wink .

I think that time has come to do an index/welcome page with a list of all the available AFVs registers on Neil's website !!

Pierre-Olivier

#24: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:54 am
    ----
Yeah, yeah... The great armor website project... On my "to do" list for this summer... Along with the Europe AFV register...

Neil

#25: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:23 pm
    ----
I still think that smaller "Countries AFV Registers" will be easier to handle than a great "Europe AFV Register". The Europe AFV Register will be, I think, really long, big in term of data size and harder to download for people who don't have broadband.
If you are interested, I could see what I can do for a temporary index page which will list existing AFVs registers, or anyone else could help with that (Websites designing is not what's I'm doing the best)..

P-O

#26: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:49 pm
    ----
- Polar
Poland AFV register is aviable in this location the.shadock.free.fr/Poland_AFVs.pdf

Well, that's going to be a tough act to follow! Rolling Eyes Tomorrow is the big day, supposedly 28 degrees C so ideal spring conditions, I hope. Anyway, My measly contribution will be largely redundant after seeing that great job, but I'll try to get something worthwhile with what time I have. Polar has done a super professional job with his registry and walkarounds, so I'll just take my usual grade-school snapshots and let you pick 'em over and use what you want after I get home. Laughing

On the other hand, I got some cool pics of three steam locomotives making steam at the central station apparently being moved between museums when we were going to Krakow yesterday, so that makes for some cool OT stuff to go with the cloak-and-dagger thing from earlier this week. Mr. Green

#27: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:50 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
I still think that smaller "Countries AFV Registers" will be easier to handle than a great "Europe AFV Register". The Europe AFV Register will be, I think, really long, big in term of data size and harder to download for people who don't have broadband.
If you are interested, I could see what I can do for a temporary index page which will list existing AFVs registers, or anyone else could help with that (Websites designing is not what's I'm doing the best)..

P-O

Yes I agree with this sugestion. The "Poland register" is 2 days in internet and I have 5 new location vehicles what I before publish register don't know. Update Europe Register could be horror.

#28: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:53 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- Polar

Well, that's going to be a tough act to follow! Rolling Eyes Tomorrow is the big day, supposedly 28 degrees C so ideal spring conditions, I hope. Anyway, My measly contribution will be largely redundant after seeing that great job, but I'll try to get something worthwhile with what time I have. Polar has done a super professional job with his registry and walkarounds, so I'll just take my usual grade-school snapshots and let you pick 'em over and use what you want after I get home. Laughing

On the other hand, I got some cool pics of three steam locomotives making steam at the central station apparently being moved between museums when we were going to Krakow yesterday, so that makes for some cool OT stuff to go with the cloak-and-dagger thing from earlier this week. Mr. Green

You are in Poland now?
Wich museum do you choise ?
If you are still in Warsaw and you will be have about 2,5 houers you can get to Fort IX Czerniakow.

#29: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:20 pm
    ----
- Polar
Yes I agree with this sugestion. The "Poland register" is 2 days in internet and I have 5 new location vehicles what I before publish register don't know. Update Europe Register could be horror.

Don't worry, I think that at the beginning you will have to do a lot of updates, but until few weeks, it will slow down...

P-O

#30: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:56 am
    ----
- Polar
- Doug_Kibbey
- Polar

You are in Poland now?
Wich museum do you choise ?
If you are still in Warsaw and you will be have about 2,5 houers you can get to Fort IX Czerniakow.

Yes, been in Poland all week. Glad you resurrected this thread because I couldn't find it earlier when I started the other one about the state visit by the President of Pakistan, who was sharing my hotel (along with an army of Polish security agents).

Today is "tank day" but we only have time for the local exhibits, which won't permit visiting the military reservation, for reasons explained in the other thread. Also, Fort IX Czerniakow won't be on the agenda because of distance, I fear. We drove six hours yesterday round trip to Wodz (if I'm spelling that right) and by train the day previous to Krakow so we're all traveled out right now. We have some review this morning before our "outing". But there'll be other visits... Wink

Gotta' run, my ride should be here in five minutes!

D.

-> AFV News Discussion Board