Armor Museums/Displays in Poland
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:39 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

And here is an ASU 85. Apparently, these barriers are a recent addtion and photos of most of these vehicles can be found on the internet without these unsightly fences. Sorry for that...

Yes In Fort IX and Main Bulding is very tight. In 2009-2011 is planned transfer MWP to warsaw citadel.

#47: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:48 am
    ----
IS-3:

More big stuff...

...and lots of colorful T-34's. Man, I hate these fences...

#48: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:12 pm
    ----

SKOT C&C and Commo vehicle. I'm thinking "camper!"

#49: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:32 pm
    ----
Sexton:

#50: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:54 pm
    ----
The photos are great for the coming WW2 Russian tanks PDF lists. They will include Su57, Su76, Su85, Su100, IS-2, IS-3, ISU-122, ISU-152, but don't expect them to be published tomorrow.. I think it will takes me few weeks to make up the lists..

P-O

#51: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:08 pm
    ----

#52: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:06 pm
    ----
That particular 2S1 is missing its flotation pods...

Cool

#53: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:38 pm
    ----

#54: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:02 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

Did in Main Building MWP was other T-55 and T-34/85?

#55: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:11 pm
    ----
Polar,
I regret that due to time constraints and the need to pick up some med samples for research, we did not have the time to explore the inside exhibits at either place during this trip (I only had part of Friday for all my "tank spotting"). There will be other opportunities in the future though, now that I know my way around. Wink

#56: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:12 pm
    ----
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

Great set of photos, thank you!

Check out the left edge of this photo folks. I cann't figure out what the tank is. I am thinking it might be a Leopard I, but the search light looks Warsaw Pack.
- Doug_Kibbey

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#57: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:32 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

Great set of photos, thank you!

Check out the left edge of this photo folks. I cann't figure out what the tank is. I am thinking it might be a Leopard I, but the search light looks Warsaw Pack.
- Doug_Kibbey

Sgt, Scouts Out!

Roy,
You are correct, Sir...it is a Leopard I in German markings. Also of interest, and with no notes as to where it came from, is an M107 at near full elevation in U.S. markings. I didn't take a picture, but a couple of passers-by from a tour stopped to eavesdrop as I told my companion about my experiences with these from RVN.

#58: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:00 pm
    ----
Yes, this

(photo was doing befor transfer gun to Fort IX)
is from North Vietnam and was in Poland tested after war. Many weapons system was tested in Poland like airplane F-5 Tiger or A-37 what was use by South Vietnam (now in Polish Aviation Museum in Krakow). In MWP in Central Building was 105mm main gun M68

Leopard 1 is from Military Museum in Dresden Wink

Doug
Did you see maybe swiss Pz61?

#59: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:11 pm
    ----
- Polar
Yes, this

(photo was doing befor transfer gun to Fort IX)
is from North Vietnam and was in Poland tested after war. Many weapons system was tested in Poland like airplane F-5 Tiger or A-37 what was use by South Vietnam (now in Polish Aviation Museum in Krakow). In MWP in Central Building was 105mm main gun M68

Leopard 1 is from Military Museum in Dresden Wink

Doug
Did you see maybe swiss Pz61?

Cue "Twilight Zone" theme music....

Well! I thought that looked familiar! (from a page where a lot of my stuff can be found..)

www.vhpamuseum.org/wea...to%202.jpg

www.vhpamuseum.org/wea...pons.shtml (near bottom of page)

"I woke up today and my first thought was : "Hey, isn't there an M-107 standing in front of the Polish Army Museum ?". So I took my camera and I went there. Having taken the photos I asked the staff about the history of this particular M-107. It was left in Vietnam ( they couldn't give me the exact location ) and then, after the war, it was taken to Poland. In Poland it was transported to the "W.A.T." in Warsaw. The "W.A.T." is a military academy that specializes in technology. The engineers of the Academy were supposed to disassemble the M-107 and then put it back together again. Having done that they were supposed to design a similar weapon. The M-107 stayed at the "W.A.T." for a long time. Eventually it was given to the Polish Army Museum and it still resides there. I have also heard that the "W.A.T." still has an F-4 Phatnom somewhere. Getting to it might be difficult, but I think I'll give it a try some day. "
Image courtesy of Krzysiek Walczak

Small world, no?

And it's entirely possible I'd seen that gun before. Wonder what firebase it was from....?

No, didn't see the Pz61...or didn't recognize it if I did....

#60: Re: Armor Museums/Displays in Poland Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:44 pm
    ----
This is Pz61

in winter 2006 was in Central Bulding in may 2006 was disapired.

-> AFV News Discussion Board