Patton Museum in the News
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:21 am
    ----
Did you get the SN off the Hellcat by chance? Wink

Neil

#32: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:34 pm
    ----
No, I wish I had now that I see how many posts on here include serial numbers.

Here are the pics from PA. I also included a pic from my work travels. Anyone know where it is from? Smile

#33: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:50 am
    ----
So thats 4 M41 Walker Bulldogs? Any side pics of the Hellcat? Just so I can get the painted RN off it...

Neil

#34: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:03 am
    ----
Thailand?

#35: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:53 pm
    ----
Hellfish wins. It is Thailand!
There must have been 12 of them in that parade field, along with 2 Chaffees.

No side pic of the Hellcat. Sad
Next time I am there I will take some better pics.

#36: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:56 pm
    ----
Ok, now that I see you can look at "properties" and see Thailand in the title, I am not as impressed.

Rolling Eyes

Unless you just knew the answer without looking- then I would be impressed again.

I will have to make it more challenging next time!
Smile

#37: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:09 am
    ----
- HellonwheelsV100
No, I wish I had now that I see how many posts on here include serial numbers.

Here are the pics from PA. I also included a pic from my work travels. Anyone know where it is from? :)

HellonwheelsV100, I'm about to write up the Heritage Centre collection at Carlisle and would like to use these pictures - please let me know if that's a problem. Many thanks.

#38: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:50 pm
    ----
Dave/HellonwheelsV100, I've used your Carlisle pictures here - let me know if there's anything amiss:

www.com-central.net/in...8845#98845

Location ID 88500: USAHEC, Carlisle, PA

[Also sent by PM]

#39: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:53 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Did you get the SN off the Hellcat by chance? ;)

Neil

Neil, if you're still looking for this, see my entry for the M18, and the link given there:

UID 1555: Carlisle M18

#40: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:52 pm
    ----
Warning:

The next few photos are not for the 'faint of heart'.

There have been many requests made IRT the Patton Museums 'Red Davis' Library. Access has been severly limited for the onging movement to Ft Benning. Today I stopped in for a visit and try to find a few things before it all got packed up.

This is the current status:

Just thought you'd like to know....
Regards
Don

#41: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:55 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Warning:

The next few photos are not for the 'faint of heart'.

There have been many requests made IRT the Patton Museums 'Red Davis' Library. Access has been severly limited for the onging movement to Ft Benning. Today I stopped in for a visit and try to find a few things before it all got packed up.

Just thought you'd like to know....
Regards
Don

I'm sure those materials will be available and organized for easy access in a matter of a few short....years. Maybe.

#42: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:07 pm
    ----
To the credit of the Museum Staff, there has been an ongoing effort to digitalize the entire collection.

Eventually all the material will be avaiable online. But due to the volume of material, limited staff, & now of course BRAC, it will be sometime before that will occur.

I have been fortunate to have be able to check out some of the stuff that has already been scanned, and I guess I'll have some interesting stuff to post on the DG from time to time, long after it is all gone south.

Have no fear,.....I am still here!! (HA HA HA)
Regards
Don

#43: Re: Patton Museum in the News Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:42 am
    ----
I have 8 DVD's of pics from the museum, each DVD has around 1400 photos. I will start posting them sometime in the future. As usually I will do the large post over at the CDSG site, I'll always put a note in here when I post. All is not completely lost....

-> AFV News Discussion Board