M60A3, New Galilee PA
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:39 pm
    ----
I previously sent Neil a big list of tanks for his register (plus two more yesterday) but decided to get more info on this one today. The R/N is "09A91672" and the serial in all three usual places is 3799A. It is a gen 3 or gen 4 hull. It is located at the PA 351 RR crossing. (OT Note: This is the road formerly walked by "Charlie No-Face". . . See this article
www.timesonline.com/si...569&rfi=6)

KL

#2: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:07 pm
    ----
[img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t205/dennismenace56/newgalilee.jpg?t=1176670651[/img]

I hope I'm contributing in a helpful way, as opposed to just being obnoxious brat with new toy. Neutral What kind of helicopter is that beside it?

Last edited by Dennis_Smith on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:13 pm
    ----
No, actually that was helpful - it told me that PA 351 is Monroe St.

Neil

#4: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:41 pm
    ----
Bless poor old Charlie!

Last edited by Dennis_Smith on Tue May 08, 2007 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:15 pm
    ----
Hi Dennis, is that a artillery piece in front of the tank? Do you happen to know what it is? Thanks

#6: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:30 pm
    ----
army junk if your interestedthe M 60 in Pemberton NJ has a US 37 mm and 57 MM antitank gun in front of it.

Jeff Lewis

#7: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:50 pm
    ----
- Dennis_Smith

I hope I'm contributing in a helpful way, as opposed to just being obnoxious brat with new toy. Neutral What kind of helicopter is that beside it?

maps.google.com/maps?f...k&om=1

I think it is an AH1 Cobra, but that is only based on how narrow the fuselage seems to be and what is apparently the shadow of the nose.

I'm going to have to chastise my daughter and her fiance. This is less than 10 miles from where they live! I think we drove within a mile or so of it when we were up there in January!

#8: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:55 pm
    ----
Thank you jeff, my real interest is in WWI artillery but i will note that those are there.........

#9: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:09 pm
    ----
1. The chopper is an AH-1F, S/N 68-17043.

2. The gun is 3 or 5 inch naval mount.

The roads in that immediate area are shaped to fit the railroads. The curved street used to run along the junction track of the PRR and the PL&W. They had an interchange yard and shops at the bottom, south of the trailers.

4. The part of the road "CNF" (t/n Raymond Robinson) walked was to the east. I don't think he went this far into town. My brother went and met him one time, as described in the article.

5. Armyjunk, here's some stuff for you:

Butler PA - M1902 3-inch gun,;PA State Police barracks
Butler PA - Krupp 15cm howitzer; PA 68, ~1 mile east of PSP barracks
Pittsburgh PA - 155mm Schneider 1917 howitzer; Brookline Blvd
Tarentum PA - some type of seacoast mortar?; Riverview Park
Indiana PA - 60 lb BL & 4.7 inch gun; town square
Ft Meade MD - 2x 21cm morsers (howitzers)
Ridgway PA - 15.5cm Mod 1917 spanish 1938 copy of the Schneider
Boalsburg PA - M2 4.2 inch mortar, 240mm trench mortar, others; PA Military Museum
Verona PA - Krupp 15cm howitzer -Allegheny River Blvd
local.live.com/default...&encType=1
Allegheny County's South Park has two M1902 or M1906 pieces mounted at one of the entrances, by the fairgrounds.

HTH,
KL

#10: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:06 am
    ----
Kurt,
Sorry for it being late, thanks for the update and serial number. If this keeps up I'll have a pretty good reference going without ever leaving my house. But then half the fun of locating them is physically seeing and photographing them Smile .

Joe D

#11: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:28 am
    ----
Kurt, thank you very much, thats just what i'm looking for....you don't happen to have pictures of any of these do you? If you do and don't mind you could send them to me at armyjunk @ yahoo.com. i can send you the listing for PA if you like. It has 90 pieces listed so far for PA. i already have Boalsburg and Ridgeway pics......

#12: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:17 pm
    ----
I dropped by The New Galalee M60 today. I can't upload the picture right noe (I'm still at my daughters and dont have the card reader with me) There was a guy touching up the paint on the roadwheels when we were there. He said the tank came from a guard unit at Watertown NY.

Also got pictures and some numbers off the M60 in Meyersdale PA on this trip.

#13: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:17 pm
    ----
Bob,
I am eagerly awaiting your post Cool

Joe D

#14: Re: M60A3, New Galilee PA Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:59 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Bob,
I am eagerly awaiting your post Cool

Joe D

Well Here we go

Kurt already got the serial and and registration numbers but this may be the clearest RN I have seen below the left headlight

Now an overall shot

Here is a shot of the turret rear

And I said there was a guy painting road wheels. He offered to get out of the way but I figured how often so we see someone caring for these old beasts

-> AFV News Discussion Board