Beta Testing...
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:29 am
    ----
CC has been working on the idea of providing a dedicated server for v4.08 and we're interested in getting some beta testers to test the server. It's our hopes to provide the server for some "CC Fight Night(s)" with IL2.

We're also open to suggestions as to what map(s) to run, what day/nights would be the best times for the games etc.

Anyone interested, please respond here or send me a PM and I'll get the details to you.

#2: Re: Beta Testing... Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:34 pm
    ----
-S-

Great idea..!!....my suggestion would be the freedom to choose full screen over forced cockpit. I enjoy and fly full screen most the time..lets me see the eye candy all this money went into... and some enjoy the cockpit view.

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#3: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:32 pm
    ----
Yep, I like that option open as well Hammer although, I usually fly full cockpit mode, but it's nice to 'open' it once in a while for clarity.. Wink

#4: Re: Beta Testing... Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:57 am
    ----
Great Idea!!!! I also vote for the open cockpit lol. If there is anything I can help with...just let me know.

#5: Re: Beta Testing... Author: RM_Stoneman PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:53 pm
    ----
Count me in!!

#6: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:52 am
    ----
The server software is installed and running. (Thanks to Bizkid for the help! )

What I need for everyone to do is hold some games and test the bandwidth/lag issues. It's adjustable and we're looking for the best settings for our configuration.

Keep in mind there's only 1 map at this time and it's a dogfight mission map.

I'm also looking at the FB Daemon software to enable the server to rotate maps, but at the moment, getting the 'nuts and bolts' and stability of the server 'dialed in' is important before we try adding something new.

Server IP: 216.176.86.154:21000

Please report back here and let everyone know your results.

#7: Re: Beta Testing... Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:52 am
    ----
Just jumped in for a quick fly about and working a treat this end. Although it was only me in there so hard to say if lag was an issue but alone it was fine.

Btw it was a good job i'd left an old tin of wax behind the seat Wink

Might dust down the old mission building stuff n have a crack at a map for us... hey remember the bomber racing

#8: Re: Beta Testing... Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:08 pm
    ----
Yeah the Bomber racing was a blast...hmmm almost enough to make me install PF again.

#9: Re: Beta Testing... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:20 pm
    ----
HM Git er done son, FNFs wont be the same stretching and searchin fer ya . . . when I DID get a shot at ya I almost enjoyed it as much as shooting hollywood...

#10: Re: Beta Testing... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:31 pm
    ----
Thanks everyone and yep, I remember the bomber racing and what fun that was!

Dust off that brand new IL2/1946 Hit ... Smile (BTW, you'll have to upgrade to v4.08 to get on the server) Wink

#11: Re: Beta Testing... Author: RudderLocation: Maricopa, AZ PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:09 pm
    ----
Wink Count me in. As to the nights for a fight. That is a tough one. Mon , Thurs, Fri would be good. RM tryes to fly Tues Wed. lol

#12: Re: Beta Testing... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:22 pm
    ----
Gonna have to see if me superman flying suit still fits...

#13: Re: Beta Testing... Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:18 pm
    ----
- Kitform

lol 1 word mate... Spandex !
(one size fits all)

#14: Re: Beta Testing... Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:44 am
    ----
Can't wait to get back to CC Fight Nights. So far I like Friday Night at about 9PM CST...it's when I get off work. Smile

But of course, my schedule is never permanent.

#15: Re: Beta Testing... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:07 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_Jel
- Kitform

lol 1 word mate... Spandex !
(one size fits all)

So why did you have to buy two and sew them together ???

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters