Patton Museum
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Patton Museum Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:55 pm
    ----
Here are pictures of what was on exhibition (Feb 07) at the Patton Museum. This is the basic walk-thur.....I think everyone will recognize everything. The lighting is bad...and I will add anything new that I see, plus someone else can do detail shots and add to this

This is a copy of pic of one of the Afgan tanks

#2: Re: Patton Museum Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:41 pm
    ----
Excellent photos, AJ, thanks for posting them! I was going to do a separate thread of a photo tour of the Patton Museum but you beat me to it! Smile

I found - like you - that the interior lighting is dark and, not putting my camera's flash setting to 'high', mine don't have near the illumination your pics show. I will, accordingly, have to hang my head in shame.

#3: Re: Patton Museum Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:15 pm
    ----
I used a tripod and no flash, then photoshoped them. The flash seemed to wash out the fronts. The whole digital thing is new to me. If we see new stuff at the museum I will post the pics on this thread. My real interest is the other buildings....anyone that knows more about the photo taking subject speak up.....

#4: Re: Patton Museum Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:09 pm
    ----
I think the LST building will give you a whole new experience in poor lighting Smile

#5: Re: Patton Museum Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:18 pm
    ----
Kubinka is one of the worst I think, very dark, overcast outside, and heavily backlighted and a very dark subject. I wonder who ever got the idea to paint museums black inside. Wright-Pat has at least one hall like that, things just disappear in the blackness. I think the SR71 Blackbird is in that hall

#6: Re: Patton Museum Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:32 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
I used a tripod and no flash, then photoshoped them. The flash seemed to wash out the fronts. The whole digital thing is new to me. If we see new stuff at the museum I will post the pics on this thread. My real interest is the other buildings....anyone that knows more about the photo taking subject speak up.....

I may be biased, but I think you're doing fine....

Yours:

Mine:

Mr. Green

#7: Re: Patton Museum Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:36 pm
    ----
Hah! You amateurs! I have you both beat! Mine is easily the worst of the three!

#8: Re: Patton Museum Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:45 pm
    ----
dont worry to much about the actual pictures you take is my opinion, unless you are using a pro digital slr you prbably need to rely more on photo edit software heres Dougs pic(mine) after 2mins editing
tripods a must if you need to go none flash also u have little control over depth of field with smaller compact or auto cameras, i also find that on mid range slr type cameras "eg fuji s7000 etc"the full auto settings are to say the least limited, go manual if you know how, the joy of digital is not wasting loads of $ on dud prints...

Edit Crop Enhance and even your pics that look washed out can usually be reclaimed....

#9: Re: Patton Museum Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:55 pm
    ----
here you go a little better
IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/shadow_anubis/Copyof095redo.jpg[/IMG]

#10: Re: Patton Museum Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:57 pm
    ----
here you go a little better

#11: Re: Patton Museum Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:13 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
Kubinka is one of the worst I think, very dark, overcast outside, and heavily backlighted and a very dark subject. I wonder who ever got the idea to paint museums black inside. Wright-Pat has at least one hall like that, things just disappear in the blackness. I think the SR71 Blackbird is in that hall

Well here is a picture in the LST building. At least it wasn't pitching and rolling Wink

#12: Re: Patton Museum Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:30 pm
    ----
its like switching the light on
orig

redo

this was done with nero photosnap but theres more advanced software you can use....

#13: Re: Patton Museum Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:36 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Banshee
its like switching the light on
orig

redo

this was done with nero photosnap but theres more advanced software you can use....

Like Microsoft Photoeditor? Laughing

#14: Re: Patton Museum Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:55 am
    ----

here is one from a program callled pureimage
Jeff Lewis

#15: Re: Patton Museum Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:21 pm
    ----
AJ2,
Thanks for posting your pics. I haven't been to the Patton Museum since '88 so its nice to see how it has changed. It is on my "visit" list for next year.

-> AFV News Discussion Board