tanks
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: tanks Author: chieftain PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:36 am
    ----
are there any photos on here of british chieftain tanks i know there are some in the usa but no matter how hard i try i carnt get a reply from anybody about who onws them i know there is one at the lazy h ranch in canada that i would like to get the reg no from so if anybody can help i would be very grateful
regards steve

#2: Re: tanks Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:37 am
    ----
Have a look in the AFV forum, there's a herd of 'treadheads' in there that may be able to point you in the right direction.

Welcome to Com-Central Smile

#3: Re: tanks Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:33 am
    ----
images.google.co.uk/im...eftan+tank

#4: Re: tanks Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:36 am
    ----
Hi Shades

welcome to the DG. Here is one in Delran,New Jersey at
Ricky's Army & Navy store, 2925 Route 130
Chieftain Mk 10, VRN 05FA91 painted in Berlin Brigade urban camo

I would suggest that you download Neil Baumgardner's excellent reference to most of the AFV's displayed in the US

216.176.86.154/afv/USA_AFVs.pdf

there are other guides available in the "sticky "section at the top of the DG page Smile

Jeff Lewis

#5: Re: tanks Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:48 am
    ----
Chieftain, there is a Lazy M Ranch in Caroline, Alberta - is that the place you are saying has a Chieftain tank?

I am aware of Chieftains at Calgary, CFB Suffield, and Ottawa but thats it...

Neil

#6: Re: tanks Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:34 pm
    ----
If you look back in the Archives you will find some postings I made after visiting the one in Delran, NJ back in January.
www.com-central.net/in...ght=Delran

The owner of the Store was very friendly and willing to share information. He also said he can import more if someone wants one, or help with paperwork (for a modest fee) if you have an AFV you want to import. [Please don't hold me to that or ask for details, I am only reporting what he told me Rolling Eyes ]

#7: Re: tanks Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:39 pm
    ----
I have pics of two of them on my site:

Chieftain with mineplow and Chieftain with dozer blade. They are both located in California at the Military Vehicle Technology Foundation.

-> AFV News Discussion Board