Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:33 am
    ----
Courtesy of my friend Kevin who just happens to be in Oklahoma City.

BTW, they seem to lik their armor painted black in Oklahoma City... Okay, now I have a Vietnam era song stuck in my head...

M4A1(76)HVSS Sherman
(I'm hoping he has more of this one he hasnt uploaded yet)

M4A3(75) Sherman

M8 howitzer motor carriage - one of five known examples in the US

M42 Duster

M44

M47 Patton

M48A5 Patton

M51

M56 Scorpion

lotsa protection...

M59

M60A3

M103A2

M110

What museum would be complete without an M114 Lingle?

M5 High Speed Tractor

Okay, not armor, but you dont see too many of these around - Honest John launcher...

#2: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: A-109ELocation: Minneapolis PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:57 am
    ----
An interesting series of photos, Neil. Thanks for posting these. No M5A1?

#3: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:04 pm
    ----
Are you referring to the listing in the register? I'll check with my friend, but since I cant see it in the pics I assume its not there... May have been an erroneous listing based on the M8 or the M5 HST...

Neil

#4: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:08 pm
    ----
Interesting LOH on a stick along with the Kiowa, too. They also used to have an F-101 Voodoo just off the freeway near Crossroads Mall, in which there used to be the most wonderful hobby shop with a great collection of models, especially armor and even some real displays. Don't know if it's still there...

All that black paint is weird....

#5: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:15 pm
    ----
Did He get Serial numbers off anything (especially the M60 for JoeD and the Shermans)

#6: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:21 pm
    ----
I dont think so due to the railings, sorry Sad

Neil

#7: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:05 pm
    ----
Gee - The sign says keep off the railings it doesn't say anything about climbing through/under them Laughing

#8: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:08 pm
    ----
Wow... an M51 and M103? Ironically I'm going to be at the 45th Bde HQ this weekend. Now I know why fortune has favored this last-minute business trip...

#9: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:38 pm
    ----
Ah, Hellfish6, you may have to be our official serial number retriever!

Neil

#10: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:25 pm
    ----
Is it possible that it's an M60A1?

#11: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:27 pm
    ----
Tell me where to look and I'll see what I can do. Smile

#12: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:32 pm
    ----
- Hellfish6
Tell me where to look and I'll see what I can do. Smile

There's a serial number location guide right here in the "downloads" section just for you! It's in the AFV section of the "downloads"...just for this sort of situation....thanks to Jeff Lewis!

#13: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: Hellfish6Location: Orlando PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:44 pm
    ----
I'll try. Cool

#14: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:13 am
    ----
Hmm... You might be right, I dont see the windage sensor of whatever that antenna like thing is usually found on A3s... Any M60 experts want to chime in?

Neil

#15: Re: Pictures from the 45th Infantry Division Museum in OKC Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:48 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Hmm... You might be right, I dont see the windage sensor of whatever that antenna like thing is usually found on A3s... Any M60 experts want to chime in?

Neil

Not sure I'd expect to see that anyway on a display piece in a park. It does have the mounts for the smoke launcher thingy's. How do the turret chin fillets look?

Looks like toploader air filters.

-> AFV News Discussion Board