Hoppa checkin' in and maybe a spot of braggin' too......
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Hoppa checkin' in and maybe a spot of braggin' too...... Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:02 am
    ----
Hey Sau's and everybody else I can gloat too, this ol' timer has been on somewhat of a break from the cyber world lately. I have been on a diet for about 6 months now and have lost 40 pounds and 45 inches, I have all this new found energy now, and sitting in my dungeon on the puter is actually quite hard to do even though I sunk a pile of loot into a major hardware upgrade a couple months ago.
I am no means a well-to-do man but my wife and I opted out of having children and both work full time and we like to live just a wee bit beyond our means......(don't we all)????? I have bought a new toy and cannot restrain myself any longer from showing it off. I have shown this on my facebookj and Stoopy got to see these pics only hours after her birth......

May I be so bold as to gloat about my new love affair......

My brand new Kawasaki Vulcan, 1600 Nomad I have so aptly named.....

bertha-Lou

I know it aint a real Hog!!!!!!!!,,,I did first look at Harley's but in the end this just better suits my wallet and my lack-of-mechanical tinkering ablity's...I have just started a 22 hour motorcycle safety training course that will take me through until Monday night at the end of I will be issued my license and a certificate to decrease my insurance by at least a thousand a year.
This is a huge step for me because as some of my saunen commrade's know my father-in-law was killed on his motorcycle after some 40 years of superb riding ability.......rear ended at a pedestrian crosswalk from a person yakkin' on their phone..... Evil or Very Mad
The next big step is getting the ol' lady on the back of ol' Bertha-Lou.........that and some snaggletooth soundin' pipes......

#2: Re: Hoppa checkin' in and maybe a spot of braggin' too...... Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:21 am
    ----
Wow, talk about a nice lookin bike there Hoppa! And you do look quite a bit slimmer than in some of the ol' pics posted around! Congrats dude! Cool

#3: Re: Hoppa checkin' in and maybe a spot of braggin' too...... Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:36 am
    ----
Way to go Hoppa!! I knew I haven't seen you around the trough much lately and there were more strawberries avaliable. Now I know... Wink
Nice ride. Mr. Green For your first X-country you should come on a short ride down to this part of TEXAS....... Cool

#4: Re: Hoppa checkin' in and maybe a spot of braggin' too...... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:29 pm
    ----
Very nice Hoppa. Congrats on the new ride.

#5: Re: Hoppa checkin' in and maybe a spot of braggin' too...... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:11 pm
    ----
Good move...both losin' the weight and takin' the course. And we're dead even on displacement too...I have a 96 incher...1600 cc's. And I've never been a snob about Harley's...I've had a Yamaha and a Ducati, too..so ride it an' enjoy it...(and be careful...they really are out to get ya' Wink )

#6: Re: Hoppa checkin' in and maybe a spot of braggin' too...... Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:45 am
    ----
thanks guys......as you's can tell from my dissapearing act lately I have spent almost every spare minute on this thing puttin' around breaking in the engine all proper like. I aced the course and the driver test, actually on the practical drivers exam I went through without a single demerit point. I am constantly learning new things and most of all I am really trying to get this thing leaned over as to accomplish the veteran rider's footpeg scaping cornering show-off manouver..... Cool . unfortunatly all my chrome is still under there but soon I will get it down enough to put my first scar in the asphalt. I have not yet opened er' up yet, actually for the first time tonite I took it beyond 110 kms, I did get to 150 but figured I would savour the speed wobble for another day, I am kinda wondering what the top speed of this girl will be though.
As for my unusual leave of absence these last couple months I have not abandoned my post but rather just enjoying some outside time and getting things done.......

by the way Ascout........how is that lil' demon of a bike treating you these days?,,,are ya' getting in lots of riding?......upon completing that couse I got a VIP coupon in my grad package thing for a free 2 hour demo of any harley.......I will defintly be using that up here soon, I wonder if it also counts towards trying out the 07 custom chopper they got here,,,,I could never afford it but sure would be cool to get out on that for a lil' flight.......

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum