Can You match the weapon to a Historic event/person
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Can You match the weapon to a Historic event/person Author: oldertop PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:30 pm
    ----
There is contracts by the U.S. Army units to have M14 rebuilt with after market parts to their specifications..ei stock types, barrel bedding, sights (iron and scpoes), and triggers. These are not the run of the mill gov contracts but contacts let by Divisions to companies that build custom sports rifles. One of the best moves the Army has made was to start a designated marksmen program (not sniper) much as the German army had during WWII, these marksmen are being outfited with these super M14s

#17: Re: Can You match the weapon to a Historic event/person Author: RKlaus PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:55 pm
    ----
Armalite AR-18. Arnold (Terminator), Jan Michael Vincent (Police Story).
SPAS-12. Arnold (Terminator).
Dan Wesson .357 (2, 4, 6 & 8 inch), T.J. Hooker.
Sten Mk-II, David Sterling SAS (WW-II), Micky Marcus IDF.
Winchester 1907 & Remington Model 8. The end of Bonny and Clyde.
Colt Government Model .38 Super. Melvin Purvis G-Man.
.455 Webley Mk-IV. Jake Cutter.

Robert Klaus

#18: Re: Can You match the weapon to a Historic event/person Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:59 am
    ----
STOP STOP STOP!!!! i cant even belive this! i love OT discussions but the man/icon that should have been mentioned first hasnt even been listed that i have noticed (considering this thread was started by a PAM volunteer)

GENERAL PATTON and his ivory handled revolvers!!!!!!!!!

#19: Re: Can You match the weapon to a Historic event/person Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:15 am
    ----
John Garand and the beautiful M1!!!!!!!!!

John Wayne and the Rifleman both had variations of the 1892 Wincherster

Custer had his Webley Bulldog DA revolvers

Stuart had his LeMat revolvers

Napoleon III had his cannon, the 12pdr Napoleon

Eugene Stoner, M63A1 and the famous M16

Sam Colt and his wonderful revolvers

John Browning-- where do you start!

Oliver F. Winchester (Volcanic Repeating Arms/Henry Repeating Arms)

Christopher Miner Spencer his famous repeating rifles and carbines

Sharps-- rifles and carbines
this is where the term "Sharpshooter" comes from
--Tom Selleck and his fancy Sharps rifle
--Hiriam Berdan and the famous sharpshooter ACW regiments

anyone mention Oswald and his Italian carbine???

#20: Re: Can You match the weapon to a Historic event/person Author: RKlaus PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:18 am
    ----
- SHAWN
STOP STOP STOP!!!! i cant even belive this! i love OT discussions but the man/icon that should have been mentioned first hasnt even been listed that i have noticed (considering this thread was started by a PAM volunteer)

OK, OK. Pre-production S&W .357, .38-44 frame with 6 inch bbl, nickle plate, and factory engraved ivory grips (Only a pimp in a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl handled pistol.)
Colt Army model .45 LC. Nickle plate, after market ivory grips.
Also: Colt 1911A1, Colt 1903 .380, Remington Model 51 .380, Walther PPK .32.

Robert Klaus

#21: Re: Can You match the weapon to a Historic event/person Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:22 am
    ----
- RKlaus
- SHAWN

OK, OK. Pre-production S&W .357, .38-44 frame with 6 inch bbl, nickle plate, and factory engraved ivory grips (Only a pimp in a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl handled pistol.)
Colt Army model .45 LC. Nickle plate, after market ivory grips.
Also: Colt 1911A1, Colt 1903 .380, Remington Model 51 .380, Walther PPK .32.

Robert Klaus

#22: Re: Can You match the weapon to a Historic event/person Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:33 am
    ----
Bingo!!!

thank you.

i take it, it wasnt old blood and guts that didnt pen the phrase
"pimpin' aint easy!" LOL

i cant think of any other WW2 folks...

Ridgeway (?) always had his "pineapples"

humh, "John Rambo" will always have his M60 and his knife (as will Crodile Dundee always have his knife)

Davy Crockett will always have his long rifle

Jim Bowie has his famous Bowie knife

wasnt it John Derringer who created his famous Derringer...

Al Picino "Scarface" had his M203 didnt he?

#23: Re: Can You match the weapon to a Historic event/person Author: binder001 PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:48 am
    ----
Patton - one was a Colt 1873 Single Action Army (aka "Peacemaker") and the other a .357 magnum.

Alvin York - the 82nd Div was issued M1917 rifles, but some information has come up (printed in NRA's "American Rifleman") that York, and others, traded for M1903s before his famous action.

Lewis gun - on "USS San Pablo" in the movie "The Sand Pebbles".

BAR - Steve McQueen in "The Sand Pebbles", secondly Humphrey Bogart in "Passage to Marseilles".

Winchester Model 1892 carbine (18-20" barrel) with modified loop lever - John Wayne!

Winchester Model 1992 rifle (22-24" barrel) with modified loop lever - Chuck Connors "The Rifleman"

MG34 - Storm Troopers shoulder arm in Star Wars, along with sterling SMG as holster weapon

Sterling SMG - Rod Taylor and Jim Brown in "Dark of the Sun"

M3 carbine (modified) - agents of THRUSH in "The Man From UNCLE"

LeMat revolver - used as heroe's sidearm in "Johnny Ringo" TV series

"Mares leg" (cut down Winchester rifle used as handgun) - Steve McQueen in "Wanted Dead or Alive"

Brown Bess .75cal musket - American Revolutionary War

Krag-Jorgensen Rifle and Carbine - US forces in Spanish-American War

Browning .50 cal. - Rat Patrol

M1 Garand - US infantry and Marines in WW2 and Korea, and me during my days as a WW2 reenactor.

M3 "grease gun" - primary small arm of "The Dirty Dozen"

M15 General Officer's .45 pistol - my father

Colt model 1877 "Lightning" - Billy the Kid

Winchester Model 1973 - Jimmy Stewart

Colt SAA with 7.5-inch barrel - James Arness and Richard Boone

"Kentucky" rifle - Davy Crockett

Vickers HMG - Robert Taylor in "Bataan" or Humphrey Bogart in "Sahara"

US Rifle M1917 - the "lost battalion" of WW1

SMLE - the British/ANZAC/Indian forces in North Africa

Colt SAA, 5.5" barrel, with bright nickel finish, capable of shooting a gun out of a villan's hand, but incapable of hitting anyone in a firefight - the Lone Ranger.

M60E2 with a "magic" ammo belt that never gets shorter - Arnold Schwartenegger in "Commando"

Remington Model 1975 revolver - "Bandolero"

StuG44 - Germans in photos from the Ardennes

FAL - Falklands Islands

I could go on all night,
Gary

#24: Re: Can You match the weapon to a Historic event/person Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:37 am
    ----
Wink

Joe D

#25: Re: Can You match the weapon to a Historic event/person Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 am
    ----

guess you missed my post Rolling Eyes

Jeff Lewis

P.S.
P-38 - Man from Uncle
Nock volley rifle- Richard Widmark "the Alamo"
Sharps Long range rifle - 45-110 - "Quigley down under"
.450/577 Martini Henry - "Zulu"
PIAT - "A Bridge Too Far"

Last edited by piney on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total

#26: Re: Can You match the weapon to a Historic event/person Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:52 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Wink

Joe D

Wink Back at ya' Laughing

-> AFV News Discussion Board