TACOM RECON - 7 Sep 07
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: TACOM RECON - 7 Sep 07 Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:10 pm
    ----
M3A1 37mm tank, Broughton PA (Pittsburgh) - M5 3-inch gun but no tank. No one at Post to ask.

M110A2, M60A3, Jefferson County OH (Steubenville) - Checked at Historic Ft Steuben (County Visitor's Center). People were helpful but just didn't know of any "army tanks or cannons". Recommended Toronto OH War Memorial, which had an M1918 155mm howitzer.

M113, Wintersville OH - Nothing at AL Post listed and people inside did not know either. One of the barflies suggested the Hopedale Post, which turned out to have two M2 series 105mm howitzers, one which still had the WW II era tube w/o muzzle reinforcement.

T54E?, Weirton WV - Still there, along with two M2 series 105mm howitzers, AH-1 series Huey Cobra, and A-7 series tactical bomber, which I think used to be down by the water treatment plant. I wanted to get on the roof and get the turret S/N in case that would help ID, but it was broad daylight, the middle of the day, and I was already over the designated boundary, so I chickened out.

Hope to get to Lyndora PA soon, and photo the WW I guns there for Armyjunk2.

KL

#2: Re: TACOM RECON - 7 Sep 07 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:21 pm
    ----
thank u, I can use some photos and serial numbers for the Lyndora PA gun/guns.......

kurt Did you get any pics of the 155 ?

#3: Re: TACOM RECON - 7 Sep 07 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:39 pm
    ----
- Kurt_Laughlin

T54E?, Weirton WV - Still there, along with two M2 series 105mm howitzers, AH-1 series Huey Cobra, and A-7 series tactical bomber, which I think used to be down by the water treatment plant. I wanted to get on the roof and get the turret S/N in case that would help ID, but it was broad daylight, the middle of the day, and I was already over the designated boundary, so I chickened out.

Hope to get to Lyndora PA soon, and photo the WW I guns there for Armyjunk2.

KL

T54??? I Thought everyone agreed that it was a T95 The only question was the S/N

When I was there 5 years ago or so the park was still under construction. There were a couple things that looked like they were benches made from Battleship armor. I wondered if they were going to get signs saying what ship the armor came from (If it is armor)

#4: Re: TACOM RECON - 7 Sep 07 Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:16 pm
    ----
Bob: It is the same one that's been there for the last 5+ years. . . I didn't remember the designation.

KL

#5: Re: TACOM RECON - 7 Sep 07 Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:33 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
thank u, I can use some photos and serial numbers for the Lyndora PA gun/guns.......

kurt Did you get any pics of the 155 ?

Yes, a few. I didn't take a lot because I have a good number from a M1917A1 or A2 in Pittsburgh PA (Brookline):

(In the triangle at Brookline/Chelton/Queensboro)
local.live.com/default...;encType=1

I couldn't get a serial. It was an M1918 (new gun, not a French rebuild) and the serial was hidden by the breechblock. The tube - maybe the gun S/N - was No. 1741.

aj2, if you have an arty list, I'd love to see it. I probably have as many arty sightings as tanks. . .

KL

#6: Re: TACOM RECON - 7 Sep 07 Author: ossie PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:54 pm
    ----
hi ya

is the T92 still there?
thanks
Ossie

-> AFV News Discussion Board