Very nice pics from Bulgarian National Military Museum
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Very nice pics from Bulgarian National Military Museum Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:43 pm
    ----
Hello,

I just got this link, thanks to a friend of mine (thanks Sander D).

Bulgarian National Military Museum on Flickr

You will find there very nice pictures and a very complete overview of what can be seen there : Soviet jets and helicopters, old and recent artillery, all types of AFVs (German, French, CZ WW2 tanks, Soviet modern vehicles etc...), ballistic missiles and amphibious vehicles. A very nice gallery, I highly recommend !!

Pierre-Olivier

#2: Re: Very nice pics from Bulgarian National Military Museum Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:19 am
    ----
"The exhibits are remarkably well maintained, and unlike some similar museums, there's almost no visible decay or rust."

Shocked ... he must have forgotten his glasses.

#3: Re: Very nice pics from Bulgarian National Military Museum Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:32 am
    ----
Hi Pierre! Hi Folks!

Thanks for the link! Nice collection. Hope they will be able to get those items that way for many years to come.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: Very nice pics from Bulgarian National Military Museum Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:46 am
    ----
- Rikard_Hufschmied
there's almost no visible decay or rust

Yes, he should have said "no visible decay or rust YET".

P-O

#5: Re: Very nice pics from Bulgarian National Military Museum Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:14 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
- Rikard_Hufschmied
there's almost no visible decay or rust

Yes, he should have said "no visible decay or rust YET".

P-O

The FAMO, Horch and halftracks are the epitome of decay and rust; they are literally falling to pieces. And the StuG's, Pz IV and Jagdpanzer IV and some of the other tanks do not look that well cleaned and secured. It more or less looks like they've just received an extra layer of paint.

It's a shame as I've heard that the Saukopf StuG could be a runner as it still has all automotive components.

#6: Re: Very nice pics from Bulgarian National Military Museum Author: pd278 PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:30 pm
    ----
Hi Pierre-Oliver, is that Uwe Zankl I see with you in the cammo suited half-track photgraph, that must be at Mons tanks in town ?

Do you know we are planning a large event in the Czech Republic in may 2008 and a short event at Maastricht in September 2008 ?

If you and your friends are interested, email me for details at jonm4sherman @ yahoo.com

Jon

#7: Re: Very nice pics from Bulgarian National Military Museum Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:55 pm
    ----
- pd278
Hi Pierre-Oliver, is that Uwe Zankl I see with you in the cammo suited half-track photgraph, that must be at Mons tanks in town ?

Do you know we are planning a large event in the Czech Republic in may 2008 and a short event at Maastricht in September 2008 ?

If you and your friends are interested, email me for details at jonm4sherman @ yahoo.com

Jon

Yes, it's Uwe. I had a discussion with him at Tanks in Town and he talked about the he 2nd armored in Europe. I already contacted "Glen" to be able to join the group, and one of my friend and I (both on the photo in KK camouflage suits) are hoping to participate to some events with you. I think that we'll meet each other very soon.

Pierre-Olivier

#8: Re: Very nice pics from Bulgarian National Military Museum Author: pd278 PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:50 pm
    ----
email nick heighes at 2ndarmoredineuropeczechtrip08 for further details, mention that you asked me, jon heyworth about the details and he'll pass on information

Jon

#9: Re: Very nice pics from Bulgarian National Military Museum Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:12 pm
    ----
Hello Jon,

I live in Maastricht. Please tell me about the short event in Maastricht 2008.

Regards,
Wim.

-> AFV News Discussion Board