Bombing in FS2004!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#16: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: Bulldog_02Location: Western N.Y. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:36 pm
    ----
Ya got my juices flowin now.... Razz ...here's my email usnva_02 @ usnva.com..and if you look close enough on my sig,you'll see the Teamspeak we use..i'm there most nights and i'd be happy to offer any assistance to help him out

#17: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:57 pm
    ----
Emails sent.

I'm up to my fanny with the fires in San Diego now and I've just been informed that we'll be taking in some mandatory evacuees that my wife works with, so I'll be pretty busy for a while. Please keep my copied on the emails as this progresses. My "work" is already done since Earls using my Phu Bai as one of the "destinations" for his project and that means I don't have to do anything else (except maybe I'll get to do some testing!). What I've seen of his work so far, I don't think he'll need much,though. His work is exceptional.

#18: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: Bulldog_02Location: Western N.Y. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:30 pm
    ----
here is just a sample that can be done....
A6 Intruder on an attack run on a "suspected truck park" along the Ho Chi Minh trail

Inbound to Target...notice the flack burst..as you fly through it...it actually buffets the aircaft and you hear the bursts going off

Overhead shot of bombs hitting target....you can't see them in these shots,but there are SA-2 missiles coming up at you

departing the area..the NVA are still throwing up flak trying their best to get me

OOH-RAH....Better luck next time Charlie

#19: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:36 pm
    ----
Bulldog,
Did you receive email yet (from me)?

#20: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: Bulldog_02Location: Western N.Y. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:51 pm
    ----
lol...yes...i received it...sorry, been multitasking with pics and new members to our va and such, the scenery in the pics looks alot like abacus's vietnam carrier....we have done a whole senerio about Operation Rolling Thunder.. the pics you see above are from one of the truck parks we were sent to destroy. The Rolling Thunder is a complete package that was played out a year ago against the VUSN, this time we got the be the USN..we also utilized the Thailand & Vietnam bases...(we had Air Force Pilots who had trouble launching & recovering on the Carriers) in the package as well. There are are Airbases, bridges,fuel depots and truck parks built in...it is an absolut masterpiece and there were no less then 20 participating at one time.

Something i almost forgot...using IBNet...AI traffic is seen ,,on multiplayer..and if your effects are tied to your smokesystem...guess what...u see it

#21: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:12 pm
    ----
Stoopy had told me about you guys...I'm Vietnam myself (Air and Armored Cav). I didn't fly fer a livin', did recon for the Air Cav (aerorifle) and later TC'd an armored vehicle in another unit, but I spent some time in the air on those things the wings turn around on. We've got some other military experience in JG300 or other connections to VN rotary wing, which tends to be some of our FS2004 interest (for some of us) in that VN thing. That's why I built Phu Bai (have you given that a try yet?..it's here at Com-Central in downloads). Not really a fixed wing base, but it's got an 8,000' airstrip so you can land most anything there in an emergency. Laughing

(During the war it was closer to 6,000')

#22: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: Bulldog_02Location: Western N.Y. PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:24 pm
    ----
yepper...mighty nice...almost like being back there again...i can almost smell the fish head again...lol

#23: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: SkiperooLocation: Orange County, California PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:52 pm
    ----
From what Bulldog says, it sounds like the Vietnam carrier operation thing has already been done using Abacus's Vietnam carrier. I haven't seen their carrier. But yes, it probably is similar to mine. I used Phil Crowther's Nimitz source files to make the one in my scenery, altering it to more resemble USS Kitty Hawk CV-63. The launch and recovery system I used is the "RCBCO" package, as it is freeware. All the "AI" planes were freeware flyable "Vietnam era" types that I converted to "AI". The ships are Vietnam era also. I've tried to stay away from using any commercial stuff in the scenery. Don't know if that's good or bad. Except that the user won't have to purchase any commercial stuff to make it work.

Even though a Vietnam scenario scenery already exists, I've put so much time and effort into this project, that I think I'll just continue on with it where it is. Moving all the components to another area of the world right now would take an awful lot of work, and delay it's publication considerably. Bummer.... Wish I had done more research before starting this thing. On the other hand, the ships in this scenery are involved in an Underway Replenishment scenario, with hose rigs and highline deployed from the oiler to the other ships. So it might be a little different than Abacus's stuff.

Well, what to do.... Have another beer and just keep going, HAHA.

Skiperoo

#24: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:24 pm
    ----
The project sounds aewsome Skiper and I'm always looking for something to do out of Phu Bai. Wink

Not to mention you spoke my favorite word "free". Laughing

#25: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:27 pm
    ----
- Skiperoo
From what Bulldog says, it sounds like the Vietnam carrier operation thing has already been done using Abacus's Vietnam carrier. I haven't seen their carrier. But yes, it probably is similar to mine. I used Phil Crowther's Nimitz source files to make the one in my scenery, altering it to more resemble USS Kitty Hawk CV-63. The launch and recovery system I used is the "RCBCO" package, as it is freeware. All the "AI" planes were freeware flyable "Vietnam era" types that I converted to "AI". The ships are Vietnam era also. I've tried to stay away from using any commercial stuff in the scenery. Don't know if that's good or bad. Except that the user won't have to purchase any commercial stuff to make it work.

Even though a Vietnam scenario scenery already exists, I've put so much time and effort into this project, that I think I'll just continue on with it where it is. Moving all the components to another area of the world right now would take an awful lot of work, and delay it's publication considerably. Bummer.... Wish I had done more research before starting this thing. On the other hand, the ships in this scenery are involved in an Underway Replenishment scenario, with hose rigs and highline deployed from the oiler to the other ships. So it might be a little different than Abacus's stuff.

Well, what to do.... Have another beer and just keep going, HAHA.

Skiperoo

You DEFINTELY are to "carry on", Earl...having seen what you can do (and what you've done so far) I for sure want your UNREP scenery released soonest (and now I know what UNREP stands for! Mr. Green )...just thought Bulldog might have some insight on animations you'd indicated an interest in after you saw those fuel tank "bombs" being dropped. Sounds like you're pretty close to finished though, and I DON'T want to hold things up with your impending move, either! (I confess, I'm greedy...and I don't care if stuff blows up or not, I'm in it for the flight).

I'm working on dreaming up a scenario whereby the Army has occasion to fly an OV-1 out to the carrier...and by a miracle, manages to land on it. Rolling Eyes

#26: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: Bulldog_02Location: Western N.Y. PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:05 am
    ----
Ascout...I'm a Carrier Qual Instructor, let me know when your ready..i'll teach you to land that sucker..in the dark and stormy seas...just say when

and i'm kind of surprised no one mentioned seeing flak burst..or bomb blast in the above pics.....i know you guys aren't satified flying the "rubber dogshit out Hong Kong" now are you?..this is MSFS,not CF2 or 3

#27: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:54 am
    ----
- Bulldog_02
Ascout...I'm a Carrier Qual Instructor, let me know when your ready..i'll teach you to land that sucker..in the dark and stormy seas...just say when

and i'm kind of surprised no one mentioned seeing flak burst..or bomb blast in the above pics.....i know you guys aren't satified flying the "rubber dogshit out Hong Kong" now are you?..this is MSFS,not CF2 or 3

What, you never saw my minor miracle? Mr. Green

www.com-central.net/in...amp;t=7636

#28: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:58 am
    ----
I love that scenery, and I wish we could see the weapon effects in multiplayer in FS9. When it comes to carrier landings and naval aviation aircraft, I can set most tail hook equiped FS9 aircraft on the deck 98 out of 100 times. I've had a few bolters from bad approaches. I use the 3 wire program to land and take off. I also have Flight Deck 4 installed as well. I also love flying helicopers, and do it as often as I can. Right now I've had a little difficulty flying at all, but I'm working on it.

#29: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: SkiperooLocation: Orange County, California PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:06 am
    ----
"Roger" Ascout. I'm carryn' on. John Paul Jones was right, "Don't give up the ship". "Geeet er done!". That's my motto. Thanks for the ecouragement. I'm maintaining a "stiff upper lip", LOL!

Thanks for the offer to help Bulldog. Spoken like a true Marine. Much appreciated.

Ascout, that took some BIG cajones to attempt a landing on a short deck, in an X-15. How did you survive the trauma of such an event?

Stay with it Wingnut. 98 out of 100 times is impressive!

Skiperoo Laughing

#30: Re: Bombing in FS2004! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:47 pm
    ----
- Skiperoo
Ascout, that took some BIG cajones to attempt a landing on a short deck, in an X-15. How did you survive the trauma of such an event?

Skiperoo Laughing

I compressed a few vertabrae, but with the help of a good crew chief and flight engineer, Maj. "Rip" McHexnut my recovery was hastened by swift application of the "restart flight" software application. Wink

-> FS2004