Bob Smart's video scrapbook ?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Bob Smart's video scrapbook ? Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:48 pm
    ----
shock.military.com/Sho...098&page=8

Laughing

Der Baron

#2: Re: Bob Smart's video scrapbook ? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:02 pm
    ----
- Freiherr_Kiefer
http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=154098&page=8

Laughing

Der Baron

Bob only wishes he were that nimble. Wink

#3: Re: Bob Smart's video scrapbook ? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:00 pm
    ----
Antics that I would expect from a 'low mix' F-16 unit. Rolling Eyes
(The F-15/F16 force mix was originally designed as a 'High /Low' Mix of fully capable F-15s and less capable but more affordable F-16s)

We did not stoop to such antics. aircraft were proffesionally marshalled out with a minimum of clear explicit signals between the pilot and the crew chief. The one 'unofficial' thing that was allowed was as the wingtip passed by the crew chief he would reach up and touch it. For awhile a contest became common where the crew chief would jump up and touch the top of the wing tip instead of the outer tip

#4: Re: Bob Smart's video scrapbook ? Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:10 pm
    ----
sorry bob, but i am thinking alot of con air force and pro navy thoughts right now... anymore the armed forces are just all purple in color these days...
what kinda crap was that! many an expletive comes to mind. get off of my flight line...
i see these airman take there jobs very seriously. there is a time and a place, the flight line isnt one of them...
shawn
(vr-62)

#5: Re: Bob Smart's video scrapbook ? Author: fitzday PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:59 pm
    ----
And you were saying something about us 'poor' marines the other day Bsmart. Never saw this kind of horseplay on any marine flightline, especially while taxing out an aircraft.

#6: Re: Bob Smart's video scrapbook ? Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:53 pm
    ----
I think I should mention here that Herr Smart had nothing to do with posting the video or the topic name, I was solely responsible for that and my poor attempt at humor was not intended to denigrate Bob or imply that he was anything thing less than completely professional in his flight line duties. If I mistakenly gave that impression I humbly and thoroughly apologize.
Der Baron

#7: Re: Bob Smart's video scrapbook ? Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:43 am
    ----
guten tag mein herr, i realize that was how it was posted. no reason to apologize or anything. i understood that from the word go. i did not want to insult bob or any other air force service personnel when i posted my comments. that is why i prefaced my posting the way i did before making any, shall we say, comments in re: to the intermural rivalries between the armed forces.

bob smart is alright, he is into armor!

#8: Re: Bob Smart's video scrapbook ? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:16 am
    ----
- Freiherr_Kiefer
I think I should mention here that Herr Smart had nothing to do with posting the video or the topic name, I was solely responsible for that and my poor attempt at humor was not intended to denigrate Bob or imply that he was anything thing less than completely professional in his flight line duties. If I mistakenly gave that impression I humbly and thoroughly apologize.
Der Baron

No need to apologize. I didn't take any offense (after all they were F-16 troops and what else would I expect from the riff-raff. )

More later I have to tun, need to pick up my son at the airport. He went on a couple week vacation to Indonesia (He has a friend with the State Dept in Jakarta)

#9: Re: Bob Smart's video scrapbook ? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:17 pm
    ----
For your reading pleasure (and especially Mr. Smarts'), a wonderous tale that captures the spirit of the rivalry between Viper and Eagle guys. A sweet read, too. Wink

Oh, Good!

-> AFV News Discussion Board