Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#16: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer! Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:12 pm
    ----
Just finished another photo recon run over the Pigsty in the original "Stealth" bird

Twisted Evil
Der Baron

#17: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the b Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:22 pm
    ----
Recon is all it's good fer...That termite prone, glue-susceptable-to-cheese-fungus limey wagon had a lifetime measureable in nanoseconds against P-38's and Me-110's in our CFS3 days. Twisted Evil

#18: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer! Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:25 pm
    ----
tsk, tsk, just cause your 109's can't keep up with it Twisted Evil

Der Baron

#19: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:23 am
    ----
- Freiherr_Kiefer
tsk, tsk, just cause your 109's can't keep up with it Twisted Evil

Der Baron

You're forgettin' Ascout has this in the hangar.... Twisted Evil

#20: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the b Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:33 am
    ----
remember this? Laughing
I don't mind the balsa...or even the thin fuselage. In fact, you have to admire the ultra-thin laminar flow wing section and low-drag design...

...But JETS?! Evil or Very Mad , Man....that's a major step down and I'm gonna' appeal this all the way up to the Boss Hawg!

Ascout Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:26 pm Post subject: Re: JG300_ascout's latest ride Wink let's see now, likes Balsa wood, hates jets, how times change

Der Baron

#21: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the b Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:04 am
    ----
- Freiherr_Kiefer
remember this? Laughing
I don't mind the balsa...or even the thin fuselage. In fact, you have to admire the ultra-thin laminar flow wing section and low-drag design...

...But JETS?! Evil or Very Mad , Man....that's a major step down and I'm gonna' appeal this all the way up to the Boss Hawg!

Ascout Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:26 pm Post subject: Re: JG300_ascout's latest ride Wink let's see now, likes Balsa wood, hates jets, how times change

Der Baron

For the record, Ascout tolerates, and even admires, two jets.....the Me-262 and F-86. Both better represent WWII technology than any other era, even though the Sabre fought in Korea, it's basically a Mustang with swept wings and a jet engine. (And he hates the Sabredog...it's fugly)

Just to set matters straight. When he flies anything more modern*, it's just for a "photo-op". Wink

*unless it's a helicopter....and he does give props to the B-58 Hustler for raw sex appeal.

#22: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:45 am
    ----
I'll put in a plug for my favorite jet. We actually had one Lt Col who had started out (briefly) in Mustangs and had a fair amount of time in Sabres. He said the F-15 was the fighter that was 'fun' to fly. No back seater, great visability, plenty of power and direct control input. He said between the Sabre and the Eagle the Air Force had gotten wrapped up in gadgets. The Eagle got back to the 'strap an engine and wings to my butt and let me FFLLLYYYY!!!' mentality. The F-15 mantra 'Not a pound for Air to Ground'

Of course I may be prejudiced Wink

Oh he was also one of the last 'aviation cadets' on active duty.

#23: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:46 am
    ----
- bsmart
I'll put in a plug for my favorite jet. We actually had one Lt Col who had started out (briefly) in Mustangs and had a fair amount of time in Sabres. He said the F-15 was the fighter that was 'fun' to fly. No back seater, great visability, plenty of power and direct control input. He said between the Sabre and the Eagle the Air Force had gotten wrapped up in gadgets. The Eagle got back to the 'strap an engine and wings to my butt and let me FFLLLYYYY!!!' mentality. The F-15 mantra 'Not a pound for Air to Ground'

Of course I may be prejudiced Wink

Oh he was also one of the last 'aviation cadets' on active duty.

I had the pleasure, back in grad school, of watching fresh F-15's that came off the line get wrung out over my cabin SW of St. Louis. They'd get away from the city, come out to the country where I was near High Ridge typically flying level having left M-D at Lambert Field and then crank back and do earsplitting straight up climbs that they couldn't do over the city...plus a few other manuvers. These new AC had a minimal grey paint scheme with no other markings. Fun to watch since I lived high on a ridge line. Mr. Green

#24: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer! Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:59 pm
    ----
Hey Bob

when You gonna start flying? Smile

www.flightsimworld.com...e/613.html

64.233.169.104/search?...=firefox-a

Der Baron

#25: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:33 pm
    ----
- Freiherr_Kiefer
Hey Bob

when You gonna start flying? Smile

www.flightsimworld.com...e/613.html

64.233.169.104/search?...=firefox-a

Der Baron

Well I only have so much time for my addictions and just keeping up on some discussion groups takes most of it.

Besides that I doubt the machine I have could handle anything more complicated than a J-3 cub. 128MB of memory on a 4 yearold low end Sams Club Compaq only goes so far

#26: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:48 pm
    ----
- bsmart
128MB of memory on a 4 yearold low end Sams Club Compaq only goes so far

128MB Rolling Eyes ....are you sure that's not 14 years old Razz

#27: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:45 pm
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
- bsmart

Wait a minute 'big memory' machines haven't been around for that long!
It runs my Ubuntu Linux just fine. You've just been corrupted by the folks from the pacific Northwest who have convinced everyone that we need to buy more memory and faster processors to make up for their sloppy coding. Twisted Evil

#28: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:27 pm
    ----
- bsmart
- JG300-fr8ycat
- bsmart

Wait a minute 'big memory' machines haven't been around for that long!
It runs my Ubuntu Linux just fine. You've just been corrupted by the folks from the pacific Northwest who have convinced everyone that we need to buy more memory and faster processors to make up for their sloppy coding. Twisted Evil

Well, not quite...I got a couple of planes in my hangar that exceed 128 MB.

#29: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:36 pm
    ----
Yea but 128MB of what????

#30: Re: Guys, I think I found a more efficient way to ship the beer! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:42 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Yea but 128MB of what????

Virtual aircraft, which pretty much translates into a buttload of polygons. Laughing

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum