Photo tour of the Military Museum of Southern New England
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Photo tour of the Military Museum of Southern New England Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:07 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

BA-64 armored car - only one in the US?

Neil

The BA-64 priviously was in Ordnance Museum - Aberdeen Proving Ground (Maryland, USA)

www.warwheels.net/BA64BKEENAN.html

Have somebody info about history of this BA-64. I think it was captured during War in Korea ?

#17: Re: Photo tour of the Military Museum of Southern New Englan Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:39 pm
    ----
Amazing how many items ended up in the Military Museum of Southern New England from Aberdeen, and no history of how they got there (loaned, bought, etc.). Just my curiousity. It's like the former Tiger I from Aberdeen, it'll never be back in USA at Ft. Lee, due to various legal issues and shipping costs.

#18: Re: Photo tour of the Military Museum of Southern New England Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:19 am
    ----
Rick

The Tiger I's status & future is a much discussed topic on this and other sites, but be careful what you say,....... ( eyeroll )

With the current financial situation, the Tiger I is of no real consern to the politicians so it'll probably remain where it is...

BTW: I love your T95 images.....but don't get me started on THAT topic (again....!?)

Welcome
Regards
Don

#19: Re: Photo tour of the Military Museum of Southern New Englan Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:20 pm
    ----
Don,
Not trying to stir the hornets nest! I was actually allowed in the APG Tiger I shortly before it departed for Europe. Dr. Atwater was new Director at the Ordnance Museum, and I was helping to restore the Ford 3 Ton tank around that time. The Tiger I was also one of my favorites at the museum.
I will eventually find my T95 Tanks files, and other photos of some of the variants. I've barely scratched the surface of what my collection has in it. It has sat dormant in boxes for years (through a rough divorce, etc.) and luckily still exists through a friends suggestion of not to trash it. I did add a few more odd photos in my personal file here. They are available to every member.
I find reading your posts most intersting and useful. Thanks for feedback. Take care, Rick

#20: Re: Photo tour of the Military Museum of Southern New Englan Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:56 pm
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

- MarkHolloway

Early Sheridan with the old style grenade launchers.

Those launchers you are calling old are second generation types. The original set was a tube with half cup support that the grenade layed on. It was OK as long as you didn't go anywhere a tree and strong bush.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board