Youthful Exuberance --> Youtube Embarassment
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Youthful Exuberance --> Youtube Embarassment Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:19 pm
    ----
(sigh)... Since we have no real secrets amongst ourselves anymore, might as well share this, although the musical selection on youtube has certainly now reached a new low....

All I can say is, when you're young, BEWARE of friends who's parents buy those newfangled "video camera" thingies in the early 80's......because those old friends might be the type who like to hang on to those old vids and years later, somehow convert the BETAMAX format to digital and upload to youtube...much to the chagrin of those involved at the time who, driven by youthful exuberance, boredom, and certainly a great lack of talent, engage in performances that years later they hope their kids don't see...or at least, make it obvious that the 3 years (and counting) of guitar lessons for my son are WORTH IT.....self-taught don't cut it Laughing

And if anyone asks who the long haired no-talent underage beer-swigging hippy tryin' to play surf music on git-fiddle is, (not that anyone is ever likely to)....please say you don't know....for the sake of the squad reputation...and migod, the children!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpAgp0m02qY

We had a suitable large "following" as the audience shot at the end of the clip shows...LMAO!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=266R3jpQ0qo

Oh the humanity.....I'm crawling off under a rock now...... Laughing

#2: Re: Youthful Exuberance --> Youtube Embarassment Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:05 pm
    ----
LMAO. Left a message there, just a ribbin LOL. Gotta say that guitar sounds good.

Maybe I'll get the nerve up to YOUTUBE some of my recorded playings from almost 20 years ago.

Think one might include playing with Albert Lee.

#3: Re: Youthful Exuberance --> Youtube Embarassment Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:26 pm
    ----
...and after the Del Quads, Stoopy went on to a successful solo career! (with nom-de-stage, of course)

Stoopy's solo career

Mr. Green

#4: Re: Youthful Exuberance --> Youtube Embarassment Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:34 pm
    ----
LMAO...loved your comments, you're gonna freak out my ol' pal!

The guitar (maybe not the player) sounded WAY better than the video....that's the problem with a cheesy built-in mic from across a room being oversaturated with decibel level....just didn't do that combo of Jazzmaster, Fender Super Reverb amp & the old-school Fender outboard reverb tank any justice at all.

Anyhoo....well let it never be said I ever hid anything from my squadmates! Except for that thing with Heidi and the noodles...

Looks like that lounge singer glossed right over tip#8....MUST HAVE COOL SHADES! WOW!

#5: Re: Youthful Exuberance --> Youtube Embarassment Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:31 pm
    ----
So, the question we all want to hear the answer to is, Can you still fit into those white stovepipe pants and were you maybe wearing the "man bra" even then, if only for personal gratification? (or might it have been from somebody in the audience?). Mr. Green

#6: Re: Youthful Exuberance --> Youtube Embarassment Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:44 am
    ----
LMAO....yeah the dress code back in the day...although the 70's hadn't quite ended for me in '81, I think those pants were adopted by my ol'lady shortly after we met and they looked much better on her....man, they built a damn good pair of pants back then!

And only since you ask....the man-bra is actually Lurps' creation and I'm not sure why he mandated it's use...might be more info than you'd wanna know...I'll admit to having extra-pointy nipples but the referee shirt did a good job of concealing 'em while at the same time providing just the right amount of delicious friction during movement...polyester did have it's advantages back then....but like bell-bottom levis, rotary dial phones, and ostentatious wannabee speed-surf guitarists with no sense of timing, faded into history much to the delight of all...

On a semi-serious note, although we did get way better (I basically learned how to slow down and almost hit every note for a change, and we almost got a permanent bass player, and did play some other 'venues' over the next 4 years) the one good thing to come out of all that was the drummer - he was really very naturally gifted and later hooked up with a very good folk band where his skills were appropriately put to use. That makes it worth it. Icing on the cake now is being able to grab a big handful of down-to-earth humility and laugh with it while cringing at the same time. Wink

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum