It looks like late, but here's where I'm back
-> Rise of Flight

#1: It looks like late, but here's where I'm back Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:30 am
    ----
Hallo Gents,

it was a long time since I had stopped flying, and my stick was buried under a thick layer of dust and muck, when I stumbled by chance in this RoF thing.
Downloaded the Free2Fly version and just in a few minutes I falled in love with it.

Now I see the last post in this section dates back to a year ago, but I wonder if there's still anybody up for this sim. Apart from running a personal career, I'm trying to join the fray in the Aces Falling server.

Apparently, the long pause has been a good thing, 'cause I stopped scrapping planes while landing - or is it maybe that, at last, I'm flying kites better fitting to my "skills"?

S!

Marco

#2: Re: It looks like late, but here's where I'm back Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:47 am
    ----
-S-

I am looking to get into R.O.F. myself..got the game but haven't installed yet, the " Iron Cross Version". Saving to get a Track I.R. now.

If we get more interest...maby we could put a flight togeather, can we use a server on C.C....? I miss the flying myself...that's what I got my computer for..did we have fun on CFS 1...!!!!!!

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

#3: Re: It looks like late, but here's where I'm back Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:50 pm
    ----
~S~ Hammer,

after a little more than two months since I first installed it, I'm growing more and more enthusiast with RoF. I bought almost all the dlc planes, taking flight lessons on Albatrosses and Fokkers, and regularly joining the MP servers - which are already "in game" in large quantity.

Somebody says that it's an outdated sim, but so far I couldn't see anything comparable - neither the forthcoming Battle of Stalingrad, which is now available for "early access". RoF is a "mature" product, with good graphics, excellent playability, though keeping a strict eye on historical accuracy.

Flight and damage models of the planes look a lot realistic - there's not a kite behaving the same as another, every one has his own specific characteristics. A dogfight can be as frantic and breathtaking as you never could expect.

Also, it seems really "hardware-friendly": its specs requirements are not excessive, and I can run it smooth as silk even in the most crowdy circumstances. I truly can't find anything bad in it... apart from the fact that WWI aficionados are a minority inside the community of flight simmers - which, amongst the gamers, is already a minority.

It may be of your interest that two large bombers are available, the Gotha and the Handley-Page. Same developers just released a sort of standalone chapter with the Ilya Muromets russian four engined bomber.

So, if you plan to give it a try, let me know, and we can arrange something together, and, yes, TrackIR helps a lot.
Mr. Green Wink
Marco

#4: Re: It looks like late, but here's where I'm back Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:37 pm
    ----
-S-

Sounds like a plan Rodion. I just got a new Logitek 3Dpro stick and I am trying to make it work, having a issue with the throttle working.

I know about the historical aspect, my great uncle was a WW1 fighter ace, my grandmother would tell me about him when I was young, she had a pic of him in the AC, she said it was the one.."with the little gun on top"..an SE-5 if I remember.

I will try to get an install in the next week or two and get back to you when its up and running..looking forward to flying again.

Got a new wireless headset for coms too...Corsair Vengence 2100..love it.
Picked it up for $120.00, works great..!!

Hammer Smile Cool Smile Cool Smile

#5: Re: It looks like late, but here's where I'm back Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:49 pm
    ----
S!

Your "Iron Cross" edition does include the SE5, nice plane, hard to fly. Here you must take under control everything: radiator, mixture and throttle: you must, or you'll burn your engine, and it will squirt oil on your goggles.
-> riseofflight.com/en/st...lanes/SE5a

Then if your throttle really doesn't want to work, just pick up a Fokker E.III Eindecker: it has no throttle to work with.
Laughing

As soon as you feel ready, let me know, and if I can provide assistance, I'll be happy.

Cheers

Marco

#6: Re: It looks like late, but here's where I'm back Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:50 pm
    ----
once it's in the blood you can't get writ of it Marco,

Welcome back good to see you my friend and I hope all is well down there with the family as well

fled
Cool

#7: Re: It looks like late, but here's where I'm back Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:47 pm
    ----
Hiya Fled!

The family is doing fine - maybe the problem is it's the very same family as before... or is it an advantage?
Razz
Hope the same for you.
I'm up again to make some damage, at least to my own plane.
Guess what? I'm training to perform perfect emergency landings - normal ones... well, I don't know what they are. Good thing is that on RoF I don't need to remember to drop down my landing gear, and no flaps either, but most of all: -> NO RUNWAYS!
Mr. Green Cool

As soon as I manage to counter a Spad attack, I'll report.
Wink
Marco

-> Rise of Flight