Com-Central Membership
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#16: Re: Com-Central Membership Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:31 pm
    ----
On all the 4 speed cars I used to run, I would take a Hurst 'handle', cut and weld it for a shorter 'throw'. If you cut it just right, the weld was hidden under the boot collar... Wink

Center Shift Shades? LOL.... we've been doing that for at least 50 years that I know of. (Uhm, I had to find pics to prove that 'cause I'm not that old... (eyes darting from left to right) )

#17: Re: Com-Central Membership Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:55 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
On all the 4 speed cars I used to run, I would take a Hurst 'handle', cut and weld it for a shorter 'throw'. If you cut it just right, the weld was hidden under the boot collar... Wink

Center Shift Shades? LOL.... we've been doing that for at least 50 years that I know of. (Uhm, I had to find pics to prove that 'cause I'm not that old... (eyes darting from left to right) )

4-Sp Muncie with Hurst shifter (leather ball), Sun SuperTach and aftermarket wheel (I forget who made it).

'71 Camaro SS (with factory air!). "D" Stock class winner at Ohio Valley Raceway (Louisville, KY).

#18: Re: Com-Central Membership Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:59 am
    ----
Wayy wicked Chevy, Ascout, would love to see more pics of it!

- JG300-Ascout
....a later edition, all "Hursted" out. I have it on good authority that Stoopy had one of these two, but in silver or something... Wink

'Tis true... while I never intended to be a "Mustang Guy" (I've had two Chevies as well!) I am still quite fond of my Mineral Grey '05 GT which I still have and lovingly abuse from time to time. It's up to about 36K on the odometer and in pristine corndition....I'd like to think that a nice low-profile Whipple supercharger is in its future (the Edelbrock E-force is good for +160HP and has a 100K-mile warranty) but for now we're happy with a set of Flowmasters and the requisite Hurst shifter.....I'm running with the classic T-handle at the moment but I'll tell ya that brushed aluminum gets COLD on the hands in the winter!

Just don't nobody tell my wife how that white shoe polish lettering got on my windshield, she's not entirely sold on the idea of autocrossing it!

After all the greasy kid stuff I did to my '66 Fastback it's nice to have a proper and well set-up 'Stang to do justice to the memories of the old one.

#19: Re: Com-Central Membership Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:43 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Wayy wicked Chevy, Ascout, would love to see more pics of it!

I would love too, but I'm entirely too modest for that sort of showing off. In related news, here's a documentary image of what old Ft. Knox bumper stickers looked like and how popular the 2nd gen Camaro's and Firebirds were in 1972. Of course, they don't all have that super cool vapor condensing exhaust that only comes with a trick system...(Ascout regrets that he never thought to ask "the owner" if he could take some engine bay shots...so dumb)

I got this car with 2,100 miles on the odo....and a wooden block still taped to the clutch pedal. Seems a guy had special ordered it for his wife, who was inseam-challenged and could barely work the pedals (which accounts for the nice options for an SS...air, power front discs, green vinyl roof, AM/FM, etc....but thankfully not the awful "Rally Pack" appearance package of split grill bumper and "boy racer" spoiler). It was being sold at the local Pontiac dealer as "barely used" (which it was) and the price was really right. My post-VN gift to myself...like so many other G.I.s did.

BTW, the cure to your cold hands can be seen in the previous interior pic...note pair of helicopter crewman gloves on console...thin leather on the grippy side, green nomex on the backside. Can probably find some on eBay. Wink

Oh, yeah, the new standard 2012 GT's have a 5.0 liter and 400 H.P. out of the box. But you didn't hear it from me.... Wink

#20: Re: Com-Central Membership Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:13 pm
    ----
Stoopy...

Even better...new. And cheap. See first selection:

www.helicoptersonly.co...s/d18.html

Extremely comfortable, light, breathable, and fire retardant (for those hot shifting sessions)!

-> Officer's Club