Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:33 pm
    ----
Does anyone have current information on this nice museum in Hubbard Ohio? The owner, Henry Venneta, died almost 2 years ago. I've been meaning to get back up there but haven't had a chance.

#2: Re: Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:10 pm
    ----
I read on a couple of boards that the collection was sold to someone in Florida. I don't know any other details off hand.

#3: Re: Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:27 pm
    ----
The entire collection to one place? Shocked I would hope that there would be a new museum opening up

#4: Re: Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:54 pm
    ----
Yep, opening in Titusville FL in early 2009 apparently!:
www.vindy.com/news/200...arade-set/

Thanks for bringing this up Bob!

Neil

#5: Re: Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:55 pm
    ----
Ah... Presumably the same guy who owns Knight's Armament Company...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...nt_Company

I think I also heard somewhere he's working on some sort of super-advanced car? Wink

Neil

#6: Re: Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:59 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Ah... Presumably the same guy who owns Knight's Armament Company...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...nt_Company

I think I also heard somewhere he's working on some sort of super-advanced car? Wink

Neil

You beat me to the punch!
www.knightarmco.com/history.html

#7: Re: Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:07 pm
    ----
There's a few references to Mr Knight already having something of a private, closed-door collection of weapons. If he combines the two it might be a pretty good museum!

www.sptimes.com/2007/0...ker_.shtml

www.accessmylibrary.co...457313_ITM

Neil

#8: Re: Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:29 pm
    ----
BTW,
After having heard nothing further on the opening/re-opening of this museum in Titusville, I decided to make a call to Knight's company - his secretary says its a private collection, not a museum open to the public Sad

Neil

#9: Re: Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:12 pm
    ----
That being said I'm trying to track down photos of the old Hubbard museum, since it seems that Mr Knight's collection wont be open to the public anytime soon...

I came across this photo. Is this an actual M3 Lee? Or another M31 TRV masquerading as an M3?

Neil

#10: Re: Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:25 pm
    ----
No it is an M7 cutdown and built up with wood from the tracks up as a movie prop.

It's a shame it has gone private I wonder if that was known when the collection was sold?

#11: Re: Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:22 pm
    ----
Neil, you want to see pictures from the old Hubbard?
SR

#12: Re: Status of WWII Vehicle Museum in Hubbard Ohio Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:06 pm
    ----
Shawn,
That would be great if you could post them here!

Here is what I have found so far:

web.archive.org/web/20.../4+(2).jpg

web.archive.org/web/20...4+(41).jpg

Plus galleries at

www.nesys.org/photos/0.../page.html
afvdb.50megs.com/usa/p...mcm19.html
afvdb.50megs.com/usa/p...mcm36.html

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board