Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:46 pm
    ----
Some wrecks which are used on the ''molotovcocktail'' range at Beverlo near Leopoldsburg, Belgium.

IIRC this is a M59

Spartan?

Unknown (by me) wheeled vehicle

The improvised cocktails and the effect...

#2: Re: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:59 pm
    ----
Neat!

#3: Re: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: JaredLocation: Wherever the army sends me PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:37 pm
    ----
'Unknown by me' = Staghound

#4: Re: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:37 pm
    ----
At least somebody is drinking Jack Daniels. Mr. Green

#5: Re: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: binder001 PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:50 pm
    ----
The first vehicle appears to be an M75 APC versus an M59.

Gary

#6: Re: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:23 pm
    ----
- binder001
The first vehicle appears to be an M75 APC versus an M59.

Gary

I agree.

#7: Re: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:00 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing

Spartan?

Yes.

#8: Re: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:30 pm
    ----
Hello Lesley

The first one is without a doubt a M75 APC, the Belgian army used them until about 20 years ago. Lots off them serve now as hard target on a range in Belgium.

Trevor,
I have to disagree with you, it looks like a spartan but it's a Striker. The lower part on the rear deck is where the box with swingfire missiles are stored.

Striker

Spartan

The last one is indeed a Staghound

Michel

#9: Re: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:02 pm
    ----
Tichenor, well spotted! What a waste of an interesting variant.

#10: Re: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:04 pm
    ----
It may have been one of those pesky Strikers we opposed during the fall of '84 Reforger "Roaring Lion" along with their Scorpions, JP Kanone, and Leo 1's of the Belgium Forces.

I remember a day where we had a lull and we went over to some Leo 1 Crews. Had a pretty good time. None of us could speak Flemish and they didn't speak any English, so the common language ended up being German. I was just a young PFC Tank Driver at the time. My ability to speak German allowed me to tag along with the more senior troops and NCO's.

Joe D

#11: Re: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:26 pm
    ----
It may have been one of those pesky Strikers we opposed during the fall of '84 Reforger "Roaring Lion" along with their Scorpions, JP Kanone, and Leo 1's of the Belgium Forces.

Oops, that makes me think, 84 Roaring Lion, that was my first FTX. At that time my unit, 8 Linie, was eqiuped with JPK's and M113 Milan, and we had quite some encounters with M60's on the "Battlefield". At those FTX's ther where only two units equiped with JPK, one Flemisch and one French, so it's posible we did meet there somewere in Germany.

Michel

#12: Re: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:23 pm
    ----
Michel,

There is a chance you might have been credited with "Killing" the tank I was in during this exercise (Along with the rest in our platoon). We were "Orange" forces and were assessed by the "Umpire" when we exposed our flank on a ridge. There was a JPK in the wood line that no one expected, since we were told not to expect any contact for a while.

Joe D

#13: Re: Some wrecks and relics at Beverlo, Belgium Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:18 pm
    ----
Joe

One off the biggest advantages of the JPK was its low profile, so it was easy to hide. It was fast, turned very fast and was fun to drive. Only the main gun was out of time (90mm where everyone else had 105mm). I had a great time on them, feeled sad when they where scraped.

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board