Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:40 am
    ----
Cobb County Police is the agency that we worked with along with their fleet technicians and others within the department on bringing their LAV300 back to life. As you can tell from the pictures, this was no overnight task. As press releases are made available, I will update this thread. Improvements to this equipment are ongoing. Addition of video cameras, FLIR, blue/clear LEDs, multiple communication formats, air conditioning, breaching and other features to this machine allow a more flexible platform to safely and effectively address many situations that law enforcement are now facing.

#2: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:49 pm
    ----
Here is an article from the AJC newspaper.
www.emailthis.clickabi...=171097113

#3: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:33 pm
    ----
The heck with the LAV,...

whats the story on the V100, looks like a beauty.

Inquiring minds want to know,.....

Don

#4: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:35 pm
    ----
LED tail lights. Nice

#5: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:49 pm
    ----
The V100 project has not really been kicked off. Until we get the two m114 projects near completion, which are well underway, we have no intentions of starting it. I am looking for a late model, low mileage Cummins powerplant out of a wrecked Dodge truck for it though.

#6: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:38 pm
    ----
I notice the IR lens has been removed from the headlight assemly. Do you have it wired so all four headlights come on?

#7: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:43 pm
    ----
- wgtactical
The V100 project has not really been kicked off. Until we get the two m114 projects near completion, which are well underway, we have no intentions of starting it. I am looking for a late model, low mileage Cummins powerplant out of a wrecked Dodge truck for it though.

Whats powering it now? Or more specifically what engine/trans combo are 'under the hood'? Would you by chance, have any additional detailed shots.

A couple of years ago, I seriously considered aquiring a V100. At the time the few I found available, were more than I was willing to shell out. Unfortunately, I only found fully restored vehicles. Beautiful, but not for me.

Perhaps some day, .... of course that will be after I finish my current LONG TERM restoration project. (guess that means I need to actually start it, and then finish it.)

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Don

#8: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:28 pm
    ----
The V100 has the factory chrysler 361 and 5 speed manual transmission. I always wanted one and it seemed the longer I waited, the greater the distance became between one of them and me Evil or Very Mad So I just bit the $76K bullet and went with it. I will get more photos of the V100 and start a seperate thread sometime later. As for now, the two M114s we have going is all I can handle at this time. And Mark, I dont know the details of the front lighting on the LAV300, as we were not involved on that part of the project.

#9: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:56 am
    ----
Here is another twist on the same subject, brought to you by the mindset usually reserved for those telling of their abduction by space creatures and detailed accounts of the sodomizing just prior to their release Laughing
www.infowars.com/?p=52...ent-581246

#10: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:12 pm
    ----
I believe most Cadillac Gage vehicles used 2 clear headlights in the housing instead of the 1 clear, 1 IR as seen in tanks and other vehicles.

I am not sure why they never used that setup though.

#11: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:18 pm
    ----
Hellonwheels said:

I believe most Cadillac Gage vehicles used 2 clear headlights in the housing instead of the 1 clear

The few in-service pictures from Vietnam I've seen that used the newer "combo" headlamp showed no IR lights. One picture showed all four lit up at the same time. But the crews could have modified them for convoy duty, since IR would not be needed for that mission. Does the drivers compartment have the standard Service Drive control unit like the M113? series?

Joe D

#12: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:38 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Hellonwheels said:

I believe most Cadillac Gage vehicles used 2 clear headlights in the housing instead of the 1 clear

The few in-service pictures from Vietnam I've seen that used the newer "combo" headlamp showed no IR lights. One picture showed all four lit up at the same time. But the crews could have modified them for convoy duty, since IR would not be needed for that mission. Does the drivers compartment have the standard Service Drive control unit like the M113? series?

Joe D

That's my experience also...

www.vhpamuseum.org/vie...s/v100.jpg

#13: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:59 pm
    ----
Here are some pictures from the 16th MP BDE in Vietnam,

V100 1
V100 2
V100 3
V100 4

Joe D

#14: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:03 pm
    ----
I have confirmed with the manuals- they did not come with IR lights.
Cadillac Gage vehicles, at least the Scout, V100 and V150, do not come equipped with IR lights. There is also no location to mount the M19 persicope or high voltage power supply.

I think the ones that people have seen with the IR lights are from restorations that have pulled parts from other non cad-gage vehicles that had IR light setups.

You would think that they would, but for some reason they didn't use them.

#15: Re: Cobb County SWAT unveils their LAV300 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:36 am
    ----
HellonwheelsV100 said:
I think the ones that people have seen with the IR lights are from restorations that have pulled parts from other non cad-gage vehicles that had IR light setups.

Not sure why they couldn't replace the IR lenses with clear, it's a very easy swap. So easy that the M1 went to single units and stored the IR lenses in the TC's armrest to be installed when needed. That also wouldn't explain two IR's on one side and 2 clear on the other of that one vehicle.

Joe D

-> AFV News Discussion Board