Track of the day....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#181: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:14 am
    ----
...and this one goes out to Stoopy out there from AFVN radio who's all alone in the bush out there at relay station Carol with a few of his surfin' buddies a long way from the beach and a lot closer to ol' Charles himself...

California Sun - The Riveras

#182: Re: Track of the day.... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:57 pm
    ----
when the weathers fine

You got women on your mind

#183: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:13 pm
    ----
- HF_SlowHand
when the weathers fine

You got women on your mind

Well, sure! Who can't pick up chicks with a set of pork chops like that?! Wink

#184: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 pm
    ----
It's Ry Cooder time. Love this arrangement of the classic...great background vocals...

"Little Sister"

#185: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:08 am
    ----
Two great ones from a wildly under-rated album...

"Luck of the Draw"

"Come to Me"

#186: Re: Track of the day.... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:10 am
    ----
been a while so...

I 'm a man

bonus track!

I'm a man

#187: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:42 pm
    ----
Return with us now to 1966 (sort of) and the most eccentric front man since Mick Jagger....

"96 Tears"

...by "? and the Mysterians". I think it should be "?!" and the Mysterians, but that's just me.

Love that bass line and cheesy organ (the one with the keyboard).

"...Tears.....Cry......Ooooh!"

#188: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:45 pm
    ----
The Castaways do "Liar Liar" and Mary Ann does the swim! Does it even get any better than this?!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8rCy173y7Y

#189: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:45 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
The Castaways do "Liar Liar" and Mary Ann does the swim! Does it even get any better than this?!

Oh

My

God.

No it does not get any better than that.

You sir have found the Holy Grail of the innernet, at last!

I mean even Lovey looks scrumptious. Wooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even gonna think about why anyone would bring a long-sleeve turtleneck sweater on a 3-hour hawaiian island cruise. 'Cus it just makes so much sense now.

#190: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:02 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-Ascout

Oh

My

God.

No it does not get any better than that.

You sir have found the Holy Grail of the innernet, at last!

I mean even Lovey looks scrumptious. Wooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even gonna think about why anyone would bring a long-sleeve turtleneck sweater on a 3-hour hawaiian island cruise. 'Cus it just makes so much sense now.

I think we can all agree that Mary Ann has much better hip action than Ginger...and it's the hip action that counts.

Shades, of course, can make do with "Lovey"and can even see her first. Razz

#191: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:34 am
    ----
Every once in a while you stumble across a song that you forgot existed...this is one of those (and I love the Byrds)!

Totally agree with the comments about Hillman's bass line...and how many quasi-psychedelic rock band hits had a horn section? Shocked

"So You Want To Be A Rock-and-Roll Star"

This song makes me want to to out and buy plasticware right now! (and at 2:09, I have plenty of time left over...tell me this wasn't perfect for AM radio)

Good audio, remastered.

#192: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:58 am
    ----
R.I.P. levon.

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

#193: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:23 pm
    ----
Lemme throw this at ya for a minute or two. And do you 'spose that's The Manolo doing a spastic Funky Chicken-kinda thing at 0:28: ?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbYthMXVh-I

#194: Re: Track of the day.... Author: ManoloLocation: Milan, Paris centers of fine fashion! PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:07 pm
    ----
Manolo says, The Stoopy....he is having the funk, but the soul he is having the none of.

The chicken who is funky is having the moves like this:

www.zuidwijk.nl/fun/funky/

Manolo, he is liking The Booker, but is more of a "Time is tight" and "Cebola Verde" fan....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHq4laFwAEM

#195: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:02 pm
    ----
NRPS was a wildly under-rated and short-lived experimental band with only a couple of albums, but there's some great stuff on those.

Unmistakeably Jerry Garcia on pedal steel guitar (and Spencer Dryden, a Jefferson Airplane alumni) on drums. Commander Cody and Mickey Hart make appearances...a remarkably good album in it's consistency (unlike the follow-on "Panama Red")

My favorite....

"Portland Woman"

Closely followed by

"I don't know you"

But also a big fan of...

Glendale Train

AMOS WHITE WAS THE BAGGAGE MAN
AND HE DEARLY LOVED HIS JOB
THE COMPANY, THEY REWARDED HIM
WITH A GOLDEN WATCH AND FOB
WELL, AMOS HE WAS A’ MARKIN’ TIME
WHEN THE DOOR BLEW OFF HIS CAR
THEY FOUND AMOS WHITE IN FIFTEEN PIECES,
FIFTEEN MILES APART

...now that's cold.

...and no NRPS list would be complete without...

"Henry"

Someday, I simply must find someone who can explain these lyrics to me. Rolling Eyes

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum