Track of the day....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#196: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:23 pm
    ----
Another under-appreciated band that fell apart way too soon.....Firefall. Great clean sound, crisp lyrics.

Three of the best tracks (finally uploaded by somebody)...

"Cinderella"

and a great period piece of the era...

"Mexico"

...and something completely different....

"Sad Ol' Love Song"

#197: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:46 pm
    ----
youtu.be/2_nQ-GNdo3E All politics aside,I'm proud of this first song but the second one is one of the all time great peices of music ever,especially at at this venue and time

#198: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:09 pm
    ----
This one is going straight to the car just like this without lyrics. Motown's "Funk Brothers" pre-edit track of the toe-tappin'ist song to ever to come out of Detroit. The sax is just the right touch...and Jamerson's bass is like a black hole that just sucks all the other instruments in.

"Love is like an itching in my heart"

I foresee a speeding ticket in my immediate future... Rolling Eyes

#199: Re: Track of the day.... Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:04 pm
    ----
-S-

Great band, the 70,s produced the best music, here is my favorite..

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

So many memories...........

Hammer

#200: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_Hammer
-S-

Great band, the 70,s produced the best music, here is my favorite..

So many memories...........

Hammer

It was a real shame that they fell apart. Part of that great country-rock era that included NRPS, Poco, Pure Prairie League, etc.

...and now for something completely different.....

"This one always makes me think of Darlanne Fluegel"

...extra credit trivia points for anyone that can make the link. Wink

#201: Re: Track of the day.... Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:58 pm
    ----
-S-

A true child of the 70,s will remember this one...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDemPYcVNQ

Hammer

#202: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:17 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_Hammer
-S-

A true child of the 70,s will remember this one...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDemPYcVNQ

Hammer

Yep, the song sucked, but the sentiment of any hour of the day being appropriate was dead on! Twisted Evil

Now stop with that kind of '70's links or I'll follow this with some Captain and Tennile or Leo Sayer.

#203: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:18 am
    ----
Stuff you somehow never knew was there until 32 years after the fact....

Grace Slick - El Diablo

I have no idea how this escaped my attention....

#204: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:24 am
    ----
"Good Dog, Happy Man"

Well titled.

....but wait, there's more....

My Buffalo Girl

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total

#205: Re: Track of the day.... Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:43 am
    ----
A couple of nice selections Ascout.

Wheels

#206: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:55 am
    ----
- wheelsup_cavu
A couple of nice selections Ascout.

Wheels

See what happens when you don't wait? Laughing

'cuz there's more. Jay-zus this guy's good.

"That Was Then"

#207: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:32 am
    ----
Bummer....former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Bob Welch left us today, by his own hand. He and the troubled Danny Kirwan were the main FM pickers in the early '70's and contributed to my favorite two FM albums, "Future Games" and the milestone "Bare Trees". While I'd heard of them, I'd never listened to Fleetwood Mac until introduced to the "Bare Trees" album, which blew me away....

"Bare Trees"

#208: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:35 pm
    ----
I weep for this generation.

A columnist featured on MSNBC provided the following example how you can take a string of seemingly randomly selected and currently popular pop tunes and mix them together into a single continuous string with no discontinuities.

www.youtube.com/watch?...RnSHbCzigg

By Gawd, nobody ever noticed that phenomenon with "Hey Joe", "Mama Told Me Not To Come", "Mrs. Robinson", "Hey Jude", "Love Child" and "Born To Be Wild" airing back-to-back, which they did.

"...Vissagan says in the video description, "I was listening to the radio when I realized I could mix every song I had just heard. Pop songs are so replaceable these days ..."

Perhaps the artists who created these songs would view that as a good thing. You might not like Katy Perry in particular, but thanks to all the stuff that sounds like Katy Perry, you're listening to a lot of Katy Perry.

No one here is opposed to a little dance pop on the radio dial. But when even the shuffle function on your iPod is out of ideas, it's time to mix things up -- in a good way. "

I suspect that's one reason oldies stations flourish. Rolling Eyes

#209: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:20 pm
    ----
I was afraid this might come up.

Just say NO to mash-ups. Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Sad

#210: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:09 pm
    ----
How does it happen that a song like this...

...isn't a hit?

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum