Track of the day....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#241: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:04 am
    ----
A song omitted from the CD release. From someone's remarks there, you can see how this song works over several levels, some of them quite tragic.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTX-sBahcQk

#242: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:12 pm
    ----
Looks like someone else bought a copy of Ascout's favorite drag racing sound effects LP back in the 60's and use some excerpts in their own studio recording...

Jim Messina and the Jesters - HIgh Voltage

#243: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:46 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Looks like someone else bought a copy of Ascout's favorite drag racing sound effects LP back in the 60's and use some excerpts in their own studio recording...

Jim Messina and the Jesters - HIgh Voltage

Obviously a student of the John Milner school of music review. Who'd listen to that "surfin' s***" when there's "hot rod rock" to be had? The Beach Boys started goin' downhill as soon as they wrapped the "Little Deuce Coupe" album. Laughing

"The Greatest Album Ever Made"

Wink

#244: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:45 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

Obviously a student of the John Milner school of music review. Who'd listen to that "surfin' s***" when there's "hot rod rock" to be had?

I think John Milner might approve of this one... or, I can at least imagine it being enjoyed by The Pharaohs as they cruise around in that cool Merc...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtQznY89iM

#245: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-Ascout

Obviously a student of the John Milner school of music review. Who'd listen to that "surfin' s***" when there's "hot rod rock" to be had?

I think John Milner might approve of this one... or, I can at least imagine it being enjoyed by The Pharaohs as they cruise around in that cool Merc...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtQznY89iM

I like it....I LIKE IT! Anything to become a Pharaoh, wear the car jacket and, well, maybe pass on the blood initiation...and you don't want that, right? Wink

#246: Re: Track of the day.... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 am
    ----
Little Miss Sad... The Five Emprees

tony catania is a friend of mine (guitar)...

think it was a million seller thanks to Dick Biondi and Chicago...

#247: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 am
    ----
Q: Why I haven't been to a concert since '94? * + ** #

A: A$$wholes

entertainment.nbcnews....ebird?lite

*Jackson Browne and John Hiatt, at the Embarcadero on San Diego Bay, which was excellent and I didn't have to kill anybody.

+John Hammond, Jr. and Charlie Musslewhite in mid-2000's, which doesn't count as it was in a small venue near Del Mar, I forget where.

**Light a firecracker and die.

# Special mention for the party of four sitting in front of Ascout and an ETS'd Marine at Leo Kottke/Linda Ronstadt at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD (1970-something) who thought they'd chat during Leo Kottkes' set to pass the time waiting for Linda Ronstadt. Bad call. After well-earned emphatic admonition, not a word was spoken for the next 2.5 hours.@ Twisted Evil

@ ...and not a head was turned more than 45 degrees from forward.

#248: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:51 am
    ----
This last summer, Stoopy Mk.II worked at the nearby large concert hall (Nissan Pavilion, now known under the new and very SILLY sounding name of Jiffy Lube Live) as "Event Staff". It was a good gig for him as a first job to get acquainted with the niceties of working with the general public, helping people find their seat, not letting drunk people sit in the wrong row, all that fun stuff. Aside from being able to see several fine acts of varying genres while being paid, he will, no doubt, also be a mode concert-goer in the future as a result.

Doing what we can here in VA to help out. Cool

#249: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:11 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
This last summer, Stoopy Mk.II worked at the nearby large concert hall (Nissan Pavilion, now known under the new and very SILLY sounding name of Jiffy Lube Live) as "Event Staff". It was a good gig for him as a first job to get acquainted with the niceties of working with the general public, helping people find their seat, not letting drunk people sit in the wrong row, all that fun stuff. Aside from being able to see several fine acts of varying genres while being paid, he will, no doubt, also be a mode concert-goer in the future as a result.

Doing what we can here in VA to help out. Cool

BFD, I've been "event staff" at many a Jiffy Lube Live event. Wink

I hope he saves for future events where he's not on staff. You can buy top notch all-night entertainment for what I've seen "A" tickets going for. Rolling Eyes

#250: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:07 pm
    ----
Time for a little "Ewa On the Beach"....a very tasty tune and scenery as well!

www.youtube.com/watch?...ature=fvwp

#251: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:34 am
    ----
Just had to share this....not too damn bad, being that it's from 1962. Not too damn bad at all....and on the "Fontana" record label to boot!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m429iA5KS1E

#252: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:16 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Just had to share this....not too damn bad, being that it's from 1962. Not too damn bad at all....and on the "Fontana" record label to boot!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m429iA5KS1E

Very good stuff. Looks like it was these guys:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...al_band%29

I liked this statement:

"Instrumental tracks from the band have often been mistaken as that of The Shadows and retrospectively people have often wrongly assumed that The Hunters were copiest. In truth there were a number of instrumental bands around in the very late 50s and early 60s who played in a similar style and their sound was more a product of the guitars and equipment available at the time."

...so true. And you can hear influences from each across the bands and guitarists and licks.

#253: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:47 am
    ----
How to make a 6-string sound like a 12-string (which is the way he did it in 1970 when he first recorded it on "Mudlark")*:

FF to 14:20, listen to the story....and then play like this guy and....

Hear The Wind Howl

FWIW, a helluva' story follows it. Sad

*Here, actually, is the original, (switch it to HD):

www.youtube.com/watch?...e=youtu.be

#254: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:26 am
    ----
Beautiful stuff. Incredible style! And yeah a heck of a tale.

I didn't peg The Hunters as being English but that certainly would explain the teeth on the guy at the top of the photo that shows up at 0:22.....

#255: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:56 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Beautiful stuff. Incredible style! And yeah a heck of a tale.

I didn't peg The Hunters as being English but that certainly would explain the teeth on the guy at the top of the photo that shows up at 0:22.....

Blue suits and pith helmets are an interesting look, too!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum