Has anyone been to the Batey ha-Osef Museum ?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Has anyone been to the Batey ha-Osef Museum ? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:37 pm
    ----
Has anyone been here? And can you tell where it is in Israel?...I want to go in April

click here please

#2: Re: Has anyone been to the Batey ha-Osef Museum ? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:40 pm
    ----
I haven't been there myself, but I covered it in my manuscript on Preserved Tanks in the Middle East. It is in Yafo (Jaffa) and the address I have is 35 Eilat Street, corner Elifelet. Telephone 03-5172913.

#3: Re: Has anyone been to the Batey ha-Osef Museum ? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:10 pm
    ----
Trevor, We will try to give them a call after the holiday, If we get there I will post pics of what we see. I don't think they have a website but they seem to have some interesting things. Thanks

#4: Re: Has anyone been to the Batey ha-Osef Museum ? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:37 pm
    ----
Where else are you going in that region? There are lots of collections and tank monuments around there.

#5: Re: Has anyone been to the Batey ha-Osef Museum ? Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:15 pm
    ----
I have the museum as located in Tel Aviv, see link below;

www.asiarooms.com/trav...-aviv.html

At Jaffa I have the ''Collection house museum'' with AFAIK a Merkava mk.1 tank.

Edit: I just looked at google earth and it seems that it is a part of Tel Aviv or something like that.

Is a nice country with a lot of military things to see. I was there about 12 years ago and it was (then) surprisingly easy to spot aircraft and see navy ships etc. Enjoy youre trip!

Regards
Lesley

#6: Re: Has anyone been to the Batey ha-Osef Museum ? Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:34 pm
    ----
I'm pretty certain Tom Gannon has. If you can find one of his posts here or on www.Missing-lynx.com you can contact him.

KL

#7: Re: Has anyone been to the Batey ha-Osef Museum ? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:44 pm
    ----
It will be part of a around the world tank and artillery trip, next stop after Israel will be Penang and Kota Bharn in Malaysia. We will have time for the 2 museums....I really appreciate the help, thanks, all of you

#8: Re: Has anyone been to the Batey ha-Osef Museum ? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:40 pm
    ----
Trevor, thanks alot, we called this morning They answered in Hebrew, but switched over to passable English as soon as we started talking. Open Sun-Thursday 8:30-3:30.

#9: Re: Has anyone been to the Batey ha-Osef Museum ? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:56 am
    ----
Good news. If you email me (trevor-larkum at armourarchive.co.uk) I'll send you a copy of my manuscript on Preserved Tanks in the Middle East.

-> AFV News Discussion Board