Who knows this type of AT-mine
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Who knows this type of AT-mine Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:36 pm
    ----
Scanning some slides from the old days I found this slide of an anti-tank mine we found in a field near the fence of the then Russian base Stendal.

We missed bij one meter with our Opel Kadett... Shocked

Who knows what type of mine this is, old Germand WWII or a Soviet type?

Regards,
Lesley

#2: Re: Who knows this type of AT-mine Author: JaredLocation: Wherever the army sends me PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:40 pm
    ----
The image is a bit under-exposed - so far underexposed that its invisible.

Laughing

#3: Re: Who knows this type of AT-mine Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:48 pm
    ----
Not sure the answer, but I sure wouldn't be taking photos,.....

Where theres 1 AT mine, more are sure to be closeby, along with a number of AP mines,.......

Thats a definite 'NO - GO' area!!

Remember Murphys Law: "Friendly fire,....isn't !!"

Having spent some exploration time on possible WWII battlefields, during my youth. I always kept an eye out for any kinds of UXO. That was the deciding factor of whether or not to quit.

Don

#4: Re: Who knows this type of AT-mine Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:06 pm
    ----
Maybe here? > www.globalsecurity.org...dmines.pdf

Or perhaps a rusted out version of the TM-46 > en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMN-46_mine

#5: Re: Who knows this type of AT-mine Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:06 pm
    ----
Picture looks good to me, not so sure I feel the same about your photo point when taking it!

-> AFV News Discussion Board