Some 'neat' finds while at the Library
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some 'neat' finds while at the Library Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:50 pm
    ----
'Burning' some time before Job Hunting, I found these which might be of interest to some.
1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Enjoy
Don

#2: Re: Some 'neat' finds while at the Library Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:59 pm
    ----
M48A4-Now that's rare! Shocked

#3: Re: Some 'neat' finds while at the Library Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:03 pm
    ----
Heres another photo of the same M48A4. I too thought it was a bit unusual.

Don

#4: Re: Some 'neat' finds while at the Library Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:21 pm
    ----
Only two made IIRC,

They are the TRUE M48A4's, unlike the lable given to the Israeli M48's Upgraded. Used slick 60 turrets that were going to be made available when the M60A1E1 program went into effect. Not sure what happened to them but I'm pretty sure they were reunited with their hulls when the program was canceled. Anniston had 95 M60's in various states of dis assembly awaiting the 152mm turrets when the ax came down. Were then ordered to re assemble them.

Don,
You wouldn't happen to know the SN of the M60A3 ERA? It's not the same as the Fort Hood example or the hard target I found there, She's not a rebuild. To my knowledge only five were made.

Joe D

BTW thanks for sharing.

#5: Re: Some 'neat' finds while at the Library Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:30 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Only two made IIRC,

They are the TRUE M48A4's, ....

There were a number of detailed shots, only got these two.

Don,
You wouldn't happen to know the SN of the M60A3 ERA? It's not the same as the Fort Hood example or the hard target I found there, She's not a rebuild. To my knowledge only five were made.

Joe D

BTW thanks for sharing.

No but there was a sugnificant amount of information & photos, so perhaps it'll be buried in that, I'll see what I can find on next visit.

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board