Shupe AC500
-> FSX

#1: Shupe AC500 Author: Rixster PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:33 pm
    ----
I've installed Milton's AC500 & 520 into FSX..everything works pretty well with no problems..the only issue I have is the windows..it doesn't look like there are any..all the "glass" is perfectly clear..nice for flying but it just doesn't look right especially from the exterior views..does anyone know if there is a way to correct this?

#2: Re: Shupe AC500 Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:02 pm
    ----
Might be. You'd need to load the texture file that has the windows into something that can handle Alpha layers (like DXTBMP), then edit the alpha layer only to something other than pure black. For instance, I use just slightly off-black (12,12,12 RBG values) to yield a fairly semi-transparent prop disc when I alter prop disc textures for FSX.

Editing an Alpha layer in Martin Wright's DXTBMP program requires you assign a simple graphic editor to the "edit" command in the DXTBMP setup. I just assign the normal windows Paint program MSPaint. Then when you select the option to send the Alpha to the editor, it will launch MSPaint, where you make your changes, select "Save" (with no filename) it will save the Alpha to a temp file, and when you exit MSPaint and return to DXTPBMP, just choose "Refresh Alpha" and you will see your changes, then save the DXT file in the same format it loaded in (which DXTBMP will tell you on the title bar).

Might want to fire up FS9 for reference though first to get a feel for what the windows should look like before editing.

#3: Re: Shupe AC500 Author: Rixster PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:01 am
    ----
rgr that.. I'm pretty familiar with Dxtbmp...use it all the time..just got to locate the "windows" and I'll give this a shot..thanks for your help, much appreciated.

-> FSX